I can't really answer the question of if you should get the RDS or LPVO. I have astigmatism so an LPVO will always be my choice.

I do however own 3 holosuns and have been using a PA 1-8 SFP since it was released about 3 years ago. All 3 of my holosuns have made it longer than 2 years constant on without battery changes. 2 of them have multiple cases of ammo under them. 1 rides on my CZ scorpion that I shoot PCC with. The CZ has much more recoil than a regular AR, and even after 2 cases of 9mm the optic has never flickered.

My PA 1-8 should be built to the same standards as the gen 3 1-6. It has probably 3 cases of 556, 300 rounds of 308, and almost double that in 6.5 creedmoor. The 308 and 6.5 where all from the MSR10 platform which is snappier then a regular AR10. If I didn't locktite the mount it would loosen in less than 80 rounds. Ive dropped it in the 3 gun barrel, rolled it around my truck bed, and slammed it into barricades during matches. Never once has it lost zero. Theres some minor dents in the caps, and scratches along the tube. I have some time behind my friends 1-6 raptor, and it is decent. I think when people say the PA optics are not day light bright, they really don't understand how the reticle works. Having a thick etched donut around a chevron is very clear where your bullets are going in good day light. When it becomes an issue is shooting in the dark or into deep shadows from brighter areas. The illumination is good enough for dusk or dark work. However there is no denial that my Steiner P4xi is far superior in the glass and useful illumination. The ACSS reticle is crazy good. Like when you start using it you will think: "why wasn't this done before?". Using Strelok and ACSS I was able to finish my last precision gas gun match 4th in class and 27/77 over all. Im talking about some targets barely over MOA in the 300-400 yard range. I get solid first round hits with ACSS when I do my part.

The whole point of this post is that in my experience: Primary arms and Holosun make a fantastic product. Not only have they been durable under my use; but PA has excellent customer service that I have used many times in the past. Even if I am not buying an ACSS optic I still get excellent results shopping through primary arms. I really don't think you can do better than a PA 1-6 until you spend at least $600 and jump up to the Vortex PST or the Steiner P4Xi.