Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR 22 4.5" pistol

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

AR 22 4.5" pistol

I've decided to finish one of the incomplete AR's I've had for several years. I'm doing a dedicated 4.5" 22LR upper. Right to Bear seems to have a good rep and appears to be CMMG parts and were in stock a week ago when I ordered. It should be fun suppressor host.

- RTB 4.5" barrel
    - RTB BCG
    - UTG 7" slim Pro handguard

Complete except for 7" handguard and an optic. I'll put Burris FF3 on it for now since I have it on hand. Yes I did shoot it like it is with some VERY old Federal Lightning that's so old that it's in 50 round cardboard boxes. I shot 10 rounds without issue. I did have noticeable gas to face and plan to do the charging handle liner and RTV mod. Might even try a gas buster if someone can vouch that it makes a notable difference.

I purchased (4) M&P mags at JoeBobs for $14.95 each a few days ago so I have both BD and M&P mags. I can already see why folks like the M&P mags but sure like the way the BD mags fit.

I will make a barrel extension that's about 5" for when the suppressor is not on.

BTW, the SBA3 brace is fantastic and provides a 12.5" LOP when fully extended.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Thanks, it's a fun little gun. It will look better with an actual handguard on it. I also have a slick side 22lr/9mm upper receiver coming too. Gas was pouring out of the forward assist like a chimney(I have it plugged now).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You will have to shim the m&p mags for a better fit and reliability. I use Catch22 shims or you can make your own. I love my AR22s. Too bad rimfire is so hard to find now.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I got a slick side upper and UTG Pro 7" handguard on. A little less retarded looking now. LOL

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyAngel View Post
    You will have to shim the m&p mags for a better fit and reliability. I use Catch22 shims or you can make your own. I love my AR22s. Too bad rimfire is so hard to find now.
    Thanks for the info. What is the thickness of the shims? Looks like anything between .040-.060" kydex should work. This gun has ran 100% so far with just having the mag flopping around a little. I only have about 100 rounds through it now though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by machman72 View Post
    I got a slick side upper and UTG Pro 7" handguard on. A little less retarded looking now. LOL
    I liked it better before; it had a Han Solo blaster look.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by machman72 View Post

That's pretty cool! I like my 16" .22 upper for a lot of reasons, but the short pistols really have a look to them.

Andy

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    That's pretty cool! I like my 16" .22 upper for a lot of reasons, but the short pistols really have a look to them.

Andy
    Thanks. I actually have two SBR's so I have an appreciation for shorter barrel carbines. But this is my first "pistol" and I like having most of the benefits of the SBR with the convenience of just being a pistol. Having a full length version would be a little better trainer but this little thing is fun.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I liked it better before; it had a Han Solo blaster look.
    It would be a little cheaper to build that way.

Feedback Score
    Machman72, that is uber cool stuff right there! I bet that is one of the most fun guns to shoot!
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast