Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd- body cam

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Well, when we don't offer enough training, pay or oversight to guys on the pointy end of the LEO spear this is what happens.
    Per the Department he was trained

https://nypost.com/2020/06/24/derek-...-police-chief/

and $90k a year seems pretty good.

https://govsalaries.com/chauvin-derek-m-30649148

I guess more oversight was/is needed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    On Tucker Carlson tonight Keith Ellison AG of Minnesota said he was sitting on the video, so he could get a conviction.

That is not correct.

I will not change my mind that the second they cuffed Floyd up they were responsible for him. When it said he couldn't breath, they should have called for an aid unit. Then Floyd could have died of an od in the back of fire department truck, a totally different result for the country.

I now think involuntary manslaughter is the correct charge, since they didn't act on Floyds health issues.
    The video clearly has the officer saying they had EMS enroute very shortly after Floyd was on the ground.

The knee in the neck was a bad idea, but I saw a scene where an individual was thwarting the attempts, using minimal force, by officers to get him into the back of the squad car. Floyd resisted the entire time. Floyd was an experienced criminal, he knew how to play the game, he played his hand. There were multiple aggitators/spectators that made the scene dangerous. It was a bad deal all around. All could have been avoided if Floyd either hadn't broken the law (again), or complied with the officers.

Chauvin will get convicted, I think all 3 others will not. And then we will see REAL riots, but that's 6-12 months down the road.
    Last edited by LMT Shooter; 08-04-20 at 23:07.

Feedback Score
    Since the autopsy indicates no asphyxiation or strangulation, and I'm guessing no broken neck, then how does a knee on the neck otherwise kill someone?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Well, if we set emotions to the side and go by science, otherwise known as the autopsy, by your line of thinking, he must not have had his full weight on George Floyd's neck, otherwise the cause of death wouldn't be what it is.
    I'm going on sixty, I have had very few interactions with Law Enforcement, mostly because I was raised right and didn't need to touch a hot stove twice to understand the ramifications. George Floyd chose another life. I'm alive and George isn't.
    That's not Chinese Algebra, it's really very easy to achieve. People who go the way of George simply refuse to play by the rules. Cause and Effect, a life of crime and addiction leads to the grave.
    George was lucky to live as long as he did.
    BTW, was George released because of Covid 19?
    But the other autopsy that was performed cannot possibly be correct, just because Floyd was a shitbag and a career criminal? Just does not fit your agenda or what you think he "deserves"? Two separate autopsies confirmed two different causes of death. If it was cut and dry, they should have both said the exact same thing.

No one here is defending Floyd's life or the heinous things he did throughout it, and I don't think him being killed by Police makes him some great Saint or martyr. HOWEVER, the department is responsible for his death.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Since the autopsy indicates no asphyxiation or strangulation, and I'm guessing no broken neck, then how does a knee on the neck otherwise kill someone?
    It likely doesn't. But the issue IMO isn't about directly killing him due to the knee. It's a matter of something like "depraved indifference" (or "negligence", or whatever other MN-specific legal term applies) to a suspect in custody who's having a serious medical event. Hell I could see it even on the video, the guy is clearly having some kind of mental breakdown on the spot, and shortness of breath even while he was still standing. Chauvin shouldn't have been kneeling on him so long without checking his medical condition, and responding appropriately by changing his approach, if there was any doubt. One of the other officers even says on the video: Shouldn't we roll him on his side? And then Chauvin dismisses that idea, the ambulance is coming. So even a fellow officer saw there was a problem and it needed attention immediately.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    It likely doesn't. But the issue IMO isn't about directly killing him due to the knee. It's a matter of something like "depraved indifference" (or "negligence", or whatever other MN-specific legal term applies) to a suspect in custody who's having a serious medical event. Hell I could see it even on the video, the guy is clearly having some kind of mental breakdown on the spot, and shortness of breath even while he was still standing. Chauvin shouldn't have been kneeling on him so long without checking his medical condition, and responding appropriately by changing his approach, if there was any doubt. One of the other officers even says on the video: Shouldn't we roll him on his side? And then Chauvin dismisses that idea, the ambulance is coming. So even a fellow officer saw there was a problem and it needed attention immediately.

Which I think brings us close to full circle in that a manslaughter charge may stick on Chauvin but the rest will likely get exonerated and there was no support for race being a factor in the event, contrary to the narrative and agenda. Chauvin may have shown poor judgement, will say he suspected Excited delirium taking place (which does not seem unreasonable to my non LE eyes) and didn't think the position was harming Floyd and so on.

Where he really messed up was in not checking on his status even after Floyd stopped all movement, others around him recommend perhaps flipping him over, etc. I think that's where they will be able to get him.

I'm just glad it's not me having to do that job.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Just a ridiculous as those who claim saying "all lives matter" makes you a racist, there is this position that demanding police reform over issues like the George Floyd arrest makes you anti police or pro criminal.

We need officers with better training and given more tools and procedures to handle situations. George Floyd was apparently a POS. That has nothing to do with how they handled his arrest.

Today's news headline is the black family in Colorado who were pulled over because their SUV plates came back as a stolen motorcycle. The SUV contained a family and small children. They were removed from the vehicle at gunpoint and all proned out and two of the kids were cuffed. The department is apologizing, but stating the stop was within policy/guidelines. WTF policy makes this OK? I'm not OK with my local police operating like this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...mily-gunpoint/
    Last edited by mrbieler; 08-05-20 at 12:22.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Just a ridiculous as those who claim saying "all lives matter" makes you a racist, there is this position that demanding police reform over issues like the George Floyd arrest makes you anti police or pro criminal.

We need officers with better training and given more tools and procedures to handle situations. George Floyd was apparently a POS. That has nothing to do with how they handled his arrest.

Today's news headline is the black family in Colorado who were pulled over because their SUV plates came back as a stolen motorcycle. The SUV contained a family and small children. They were removed from the vehicle at gunpoint and all proned out and two of the kids were cuffed. The department is apologizing, but stating the stop was within policy/guidelines. WTF policy makes this OK? I'm not OK with my local police operating like this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...mily-gunpoint/
    Yeah I saw nothing in that video that translated to putting kids on the ground at gunpoint, on the ****ing hot pavement. This is a big, but thankfully non lethal ****up. Jobs will probably be lost over this.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Which I think brings us close to full circle in that a manslaughter charge may stick on Chauvin but the rest will likely get exonerated and there was no support for race being a factor in the event, contrary to the narrative and agenda. Chauvin may have shown poor judgement, will say he suspected Excited delirium taking place (which does not seem unreasonable to my non LE eyes) and didn't think the position was harming Floyd and so on.

Where he really messed up was in not checking on his status even after Floyd stopped all movement, others around him recommend perhaps flipping him over, etc. I think that's where they will be able to get him.

I'm just glad it's not me having to do that job.
    I failed to mention in it my earlier post, but I agree this was possibly excited delirium, and nothing was likely to save Floyd if that is the true cause of death. If I was Chauvins attorney, this would be a possible defense. I wonder if either ME who performed an autopsy knew of ED, and saw the body camera footage. I may be wrong, but I think ED is very hard to determine in an autopsy. Nin

Feedback Score
    I went to the article on the police stop in Colorado, are these cops really that stupid?

Look at the size of the plate on the SUV, it is a car sized plate not a motorcycle sized plate.

They need to be punished, sent to retraining and lectured about using their damn brains.

The girls family needs to sue for big money.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast