Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd- body cam

Feedback Score
    I have my own opinion re: the officer's probable offense, and have discussed that in another thread. Setting all that aside, "innocent until proven guilty" applies. I suspect the officer (and any charged as accomplices/accessories) may be found guilty to placate the mob, purely political grounds. Remember the acquittal of the four officers in Los Angeles, in the Rodney King case? Remember the aftermath? I'm sure TPTB do. If not it will be hell all over, Tet offensive. I doubt they'll get to the trial before the election, or it really would have been explosive.
    Hurrah for The Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Floyd put himself where he was at but the officer should not have kept a knee on his neck for 8+ minutes(or whatever it was) and they should have called medical.
    This is the point everyone is missing. All while ignoring pleas from the crowd to get off him, you are killing him.

Priors and being a shitty human being don't come into context unless something you are currently doing (like pulling a gun, or knife on officers) gets you killed. Theu will have no bearing on how the case will be viewed in court.

Dude was a shitty person, who did some horrible things. Sounds like he was on drugs and or drunk at the time. Yet, you still can't put your knee on someones neck for eight ****ing minutes and expect them to pop up and tap dance. The private autopsy confirmed different results than the state autopsy as well, both need to be considered here.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    The bigger issue was if it was even a 'racist' act. Kind of why there is the push that everything a white person does is racist, but what if the cop is just an a-hole, bad cop, who doesn't listen and thought Flyod was jackass and got off on tweaking him.

In some ways I'm digging this implicit bias. I'm not an asshole, I'm a racist who doesn't know it and can't do anything about it. Yeah
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The bigger issue was if it was even a 'racist' act. Kind of why there is the push that everything a white person does is racist, but what if the cop is just an a-hole, bad cop, who doesn't listen and thought Flyod was jackass and got off on tweaking him.

In some ways I'm digging this implicit bias. I'm not an asshole, I'm a racist who doesn't know it and can't do anything about it. Yeah
    Yes, there was no indication at any time race was a factor in this event, and that aspect has been ignored from minute one. It was a perfect storm of fail on many levels but what it was not was a race driven event and the rainbow coalition of LEOs involved (also being ignored) counters the narrative of BLM, etc. To them, it's just "proof" of po po abuse against POC, vs the more legit claim of abuse of power regardless of color.

It's just a damn shame all around they didn't pay closer attention the Floyd's physical and mental status early on and I bet they wished they had too.

My gut says all but the one are exonerated.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    This is the point everyone is missing. All while ignoring pleas from the crowd to get off him, you are killing him.

Priors and being a shitty human being don't come into context unless something you are currently doing (like pulling a gun, or knife on officers) gets you killed. Theu will have no bearing on how the case will be viewed in court.

Dude was a shitty person, who did some horrible things. Sounds like he was on drugs and or drunk at the time. Yet, you still can't put your knee on someones neck for eight ****ing minutes and expect them to pop up and tap dance. The private autopsy confirmed different results than the state autopsy as well, both need to be considered here.
    I was getting worked up to reply to this thread and then you wrote it all for me.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Yes, there was no indication at any time race was a factor in this event, and that aspect has been ignored from minute one. It was a perfect storm of fail on many levels but what it was not was a race driven event and the rainbow coalition of LEOs involved (also being ignored) counters the narrative of BLM, etc. To them, it's just "proof" of po po abuse against POC, vs the more legit claim of abuse of power regardless of color.

It's just a damn shame all around they didn't pay closer attention the Floyd's physical and mental status early on and I bet they wished they had too.

My gut says all but the one are exonerated.
    I agree with both of you. I believe this was an officer's negligence, and incompetence, not a race related hate crime.

Them knowing each other prior to this is odd though.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I worked with a real scumbag one time. Now we didn't have direct interaction everyday, but I warned my younger troopers to stay away from him.
    He managed to evade anything that would have given him and immediate BCD, but his packet was full of his BS misdeeds. One day he's acting a fool, no mind to what he's doing and he rolls a tank. Not a scratch on this worthless M'F'er but me and the medic go inside an overturned tank to extract the Loader from the Gunners seat, you see the charging cable support for the 240 was embedded deep in his eye socket.
    Nothing happens to the guy and I'm doing everything but the side straddle hop on the Sergeant Majors desk begging him to take some sort of action against this Muppet, because next time it's only going to be worse. Nada damn thing happens.
    Next time in a jealous rage, he shoots the neighbor lady four times with a 30-30. I didn't say shit, I just stood in the Office door way and stared at the SGM.

If I could have put a knee on that scumbags neck, I would have after climbing out of that Tank. I'm just guessing the Cop felt the same way, "Enough is Enough."

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I worked with a real scumbag one time. Now we didn't have direct interaction everyday, but I warned my younger troopers to stay away from him.
    He managed to evade anything that would have given him and immediate BCD, but his packet was full of his BS misdeeds. One day he's acting a fool, no mind to what he's doing and he rolls a tank. Not a scratch on this worthless M'F'er but me and the medic go inside an overturned tank to extract the Loader from the Gunners seat, you see the charging cable support for the 240 was embedded deep in his eye socket.
    Nothing happens to the guy and I'm doing everything but the side straddle hop on the Sergeant Majors desk begging him to take some sort of action against this Muppet, because next time it's only going to be worse. Nada damn thing happens.
    Next time in a jealous rage, he shoots the neighbor lady four times with a 30-30. I didn't say shit, I just stood in the Office door way and stared at the SGM.

If I could have put a knee on that scumbags neck, I would have after climbing out of that Tank. I'm just guessing the Cop felt the same way, "Enough is Enough."
    We are in a better place because we don't live in a Judge Dredd society where LEO's are judge, jury and executioner.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post

Private autopsy was done by a quack. Was paid to say what he said.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    Private autopsy was done by a quack. Was paid to say what he said.
    Sure, absolutely. So was Epstein's.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast