Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd- body cam

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I never saw anything that really raised a racial component to this.

Seeing the body cam footage, I will concede that it seems sketchy to have the officer walk up on the drivers door with the gun up and pointed as it was. Going to be real easy to make that a "racial profiling" claim. Vehicle was parked. Daylight conditions and the reason for the interaction was a claim of theft. Why is he pointing a gun at this point? Won't take a leap for the black to community to ask if a white male would be drawn down on in the same situation.

I saw and still see a lot of policing that I'm not happy with and want changed. They've got Floyd in cuffs and there are 4 officers present. The women he is with have told the officers he has mental issues and he's complaining of health issues. Sit his ass on the curb and wait for EMT's. Chauvin's callous indifference is tough to watch. He needs to go away.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Sure, absolutely. So was Epstein's.
    As far as I can tell Epstein, Floyd, and Eric Garner all had their autopsies done, reviewed, or observed by the same Dr. This Dr, or as stated above, quack, even has an HBO show.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I agree with both of you. I believe this was an officer's negligence, and incompetence, not a race related hate crime.

Them knowing each other prior to this is odd though.
    According to the PD, Chauvin had training related to what he was doing and knew what the result could be so ignorance/incompetence doesn't seem to be applicable.

At one point, the claim was Lane being the only one expressing concern over what was occurring and he has an interesting background as well.

https://www.insider.com/fired-minnea...-record-2020-6

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    I never saw anything that really raised a racial component to this.

Seeing the body cam footage, I will concede that it seems sketchy to have the officer walk up on the drivers door with the gun up and pointed as it was. Going to be real easy to make that a "racial profiling" claim. Vehicle was parked. Daylight conditions and the reason for the interaction was a claim of theft. Why is he pointing a gun at this point? Won't take a leap for the black to community to ask if a white male would be drawn down on in the same situation.

I saw and still see a lot of policing that I'm not happy with and want changed. They've got Floyd in cuffs and there are 4 officers present. The women he is with have told the officers he has mental issues and he's complaining of health issues. Sit his ass on the curb and wait for EMT's. Chauvin's callous indifference is tough to watch. He needs to go away.
    Maybe he had just had enough of Floyd's BS?
    You only get to play "Cry Wolf" so many times and then you don't anymore.
    The guy's health was likely ruined by dope and booze, he OD'ed. Tuff Muffins.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We are in a better place because we don't live in a Judge Dredd society where LEO's are judge, jury and executioner.
    Not all of the time, at some point Floyd should have gotten 99 years to Life for the crap he pulled. Instead he's on the street. if we only were a little more harsh with our sentencing for violent crime, like holding a gun to a pregnant lady's belly George would be in a Federal Prison and alive.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Maybe he had just had enough of Floyd's BS?
    You only get to play "Cry Wolf" so many times and then you don't anymore.
    The guy's health was likely ruined by dope and booze, he OD'ed. Tuff Muffins.
    Apparently Chavin did have enough of Floyds BS and now he'll get time behind bars to think about how he maybe could have handled things a little bit differently and been the adult in the room...
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, when we don't offer enough training, pay or oversight to guys on the pointy end of the LEO spear this is what happens. When whichever bureaucrat decides lets empty the jails and prisons because of Covid-19; we only make the job harder not easier to manage.
    I'm not a Cop because I wouldn't be able to manage my temper, so I knew better. At this moment in History though, when we likely need them most, well, we decided to take a massive steaming dump on Law Enforcement on a National scale.
    Now that we know that George Floyd did not die from having his neck knelt on, well, perhaps that Officer didn't have any weight on George's neck? George dies from drug and alcohol abuse and years of poor decision making processes.
    Well, we can't have people being held accountable for their actions, let them all out of jail, unless they are Law Enforcement that is.
    And then someone always say's "If you work for the Public, we hold you to a higher standard", and I like to say, "Just like Politicians, right?"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    According to the PD, Chauvin had training related to what he was doing and knew what the result could be so ignorance/incompetence doesn't seem to be applicable.

At one point, the claim was Lane being the only one expressing concern over what was occurring and he has an interesting background as well.

https://www.insider.com/fired-minnea...-record-2020-6
    I didn't say Chauvin wasn't a human pile of shit, but also until now I was not aware he knew what he was doing. Hence my incompetence statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Well, when we don't offer enough training, pay or oversight to guys on the pointy end of the LEO spear this is what happens. When whichever bureaucrat decides lets empty the jails and prisons because of Covid-19; we only make the job harder not easier to manage.
    I'm not a Cop because I wouldn't be able to manage my temper, so I knew better. At this moment in History though, when we likely need them most, well, we decided to take a massive steaming dump on Law Enforcement on a National scale.
    Now that we know that George Floyd did not die from having his neck knelt on, well, perhaps that Officer didn't have any weight on George's neck? George dies from drug and alcohol abuse and years of poor decision making processes.
    Well, we can't have people being held accountable for their actions, let them all out of jail, unless they are Law Enforcement that is.
    And then someone always say's "If you work for the Public, we hold you to a higher standard", and I like to say, "Just like Politicians, right?"
    Emotions aside, you cannot have a 200-lb man kneel on your neck for 9 minutes with their knee, in a possible pressure point unable to move and magically nothing happens to you.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Emotions aside, you cannot have a 200-lb man kneel on your neck for 9 minutes with their knee, in a possible pressure point unable to move and magically nothing happens to you.
    Well, if we set emotions to the side and go by science, otherwise known as the autopsy, by your line of thinking, he must not have had his full weight on George Floyd's neck, otherwise the cause of death wouldn't be what it is.
    I'm going on sixty, I have had very few interactions with Law Enforcement, mostly because I was raised right and didn't need to touch a hot stove twice to understand the ramifications. George Floyd chose another life. I'm alive and George isn't.
    That's not Chinese Algebra, it's really very easy to achieve. People who go the way of George simply refuse to play by the rules. Cause and Effect, a life of crime and addiction leads to the grave.
    George was lucky to live as long as he did.
    BTW, was George released because of Covid 19?

Feedback Score
    On Tucker Carlson tonight Keith Ellison AG of Minnesota said he was sitting on the video, so he could get a conviction.

That is not correct.

I will not change my mind that the second they cuffed Floyd up they were responsible for him. When it said he couldn't breath, they should have called for an aid unit. Then Floyd could have died of an od in the back of fire department truck, a totally different result for the country.

I now think involuntary manslaughter is the correct charge, since they didn't act on Floyds health issues.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast