Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: George Floyd- body cam

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This changes nothing. The video doesn't show anything we weren't already fully aware of. His initial resistance had very little to do with the force that continued to be applied long after it's use was no longer warranted. I don't think there is a single person, who like me, has attended some type of basic LE training academy who doesn't absolutely cringe every time they watch the original murder video. Best thing Chauvin can do at this point is commit ritual seppuku and hope for a better outcome on the next go round. His life is already over at this point.
    Last edited by Nightvisionary; 08-05-20 at 16:01.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    eh, nvm. long rant that solves nothing.
    Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 08-05-20 at 16:12.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    removed
    Last edited by mrbieler; 08-05-20 at 18:02.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    This changes nothing. The video doesn't show anything we weren't already fully aware of. His initial resistance had very little to do with the force that continued to be applied long after it's use was no longer warranted. I don't think there is a single person, who like me, has attended some type of basic LE training academy who doesn't absolutely cringe every time they watch the original murder video. Best thing Chauvin can do at this point is commit ritual seppuku and hope for a better outcome on the next go round. His life is already over at this point.
    I have no sympathy for former officer Chauvin. He single handedly set police back in this country 30 years.

Everything is justified until it isn’t. As far as I’m concerned some kind of manslaughter/homicide charge was bought the second that Floyd went dark. Biggest discounting of human life I’ve seen in the US in a long time. Everything was fine until Floyd was UC and they never so much as looked at him. He broke it, he bought it. If they rolled him the second he went dark and rendered some (any) type of aid and autopsy findings are identical, this becomes a non-issue.... but no, no, that didn’t happen because Chauvin didn’t give a shit and he was more worried about shown the crowd he knew what he was doing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The body cam footage from Ofc.Lane & Ofc. Kung were released publicly today. Much better quality than what was leaked.

https://youtu.be/XkEGGLu_fNU

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I went to the article on the police stop in Colorado, are these cops really that stupid?

Look at the size of the plate on the SUV, it is a car sized plate not a motorcycle sized plate.

They need to be punished, sent to retraining and lectured about using their damn brains.

The girls family needs to sue for big money.
    Yes it seems that many cops in this country are indeed stupid. I have no doubt my local PD would have done the same thing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

George Floyd- body cam

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Yes it seems that many cops in this country are indeed stupid. I have no doubt my local PD would have done the same thing.
    It used to not be that “dumb” (staffing that is). Since Ferguson boy have the pickings been slim as those you’d want on the street are the ones smart enough to say “screw that!” and seek employment doing something else.
    Last edited by ZGXtreme; 08-10-20 at 20:20.

Feedback Score
    Funny you mention that I worked with a former police officer from a jurisdiction near Ferguson who had to go down there for the big show. He said that crap was the last straw.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Funny you mention that I worked with a former police officer from a jurisdiction near Ferguson who had to go down there for the big show. He said that crap was the last straw.
    Yeah the “Ferguson Effect” lives to this day. Those we want as cops are smart enough to stay far away and those who’ve gotten too far in their career to bail are just laying low biding their time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZGXtreme View Post
    Yeah the “Ferguson Effect” lives to this day. Those we want as cops are smart enough to stay far away and those who’ve gotten too far in their career to bail are just laying low biding their time.
    This one happened prior to Ferguson so in practice was already well below advertised claims and had been for quite some time, at least in certain areas.

Last edited by jsbhike; 08-11-20 at 08:25.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast