Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive explosions in Beirut

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    FLIR video is plausible, I'm just suspect of the authenticity of the video as a missile or guided bomb strike, that would be incredibly convenient for the locals on the hook to blame someone, be it US or Israel, anyone but them. Time will tell.
    Don't disagree.

I just helps to know what you are looking at and how it changes the video, and what you would expect to see in a normal vs negative vs FLIR.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Dude might not understand humidity in general it sounds like just because you live near the water does not mean your stuff absorbs more water ?

Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger as I got no skin in the game but got this off my hunting forum & after seeing a couple of post that we have some knowledge on SN would like to know if this has any merit in regards to the humidity angle:

Pardon the pun, but I'm gonna blow a hole in the ammonium nitrate myth. Ammonium nitrate is hygroscopic (absorbs water from the air), so, if it was really stored for years right there on the water front, it would have become hydrated and nonreactive. Secondly, ammonium nitrate is only explosive with the addition of some liquid hydrocarbon such as kerosene or fuel oil. Unless there was a whole lot of that in there with it, and I mean it would have had to be well mixed, that stuff is pretty inert. I'm still going with the theory that there was something in there that the Israeli's weren't found of.

Feedback Score
    SO FAKE its not even funny
    Anyone explain what they are doing to the footage...photoshop??

https://twitter.com/AbdelMaatok/stat...47509839835136

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hezbollah and big boom... big biiiiggg boom... should explain everything about this....
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anyone explain what they are doing to the footage...photoshop??

https://twitter.com/AbdelMaatok/stat...47509839835136
    You can see what looks like a missile at about 0:07
    You can make it out in both vids back to back...I've seen them w/out the negative & no missile.
    I'd be surprised if that video is legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    SO FAKE its not even funny
    Watch a few seconds of this video from a different angle. Start at the 9:25 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=wEaiSKsXy3s

Certainly looks like something flew right into the warehouse right at the moment of the explosion. Can't say if fake or not, but looks real. If that was some sort of a missile or bomb, it would explain what caused the AN to detonate.
    Last edited by georgeib; 08-07-20 at 07:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's interesting because I noticed that when I saw the first videos on twitter the other day. I figured it was just a bird flying at a funny departure angle.

Feedback Score
    Why would someone drop a bomb on burning AN that is likely to detonate naturally?

Also, you can see the fire intensity increase dramatically right before the detonation.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Why would someone drop a bomb on burning AN that is likely to detonate naturally?

Also, you can see the fire intensity increase dramatically right before the detonation.
    If I were speculating, I would say perhaps because some people don't like leaving things to chance. Maybe because "likely" isn't as good as "definitely."

If @yoni is correct, in that this was a known Hezbollah explosives storage facility, and it certainly seems plausible, why would the Israelis not take advantage of the fire and use the smoke as cover to insure it was destroyed?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    If I were speculating, I would say perhaps because some people don't like leaving things to chance. Maybe because "likely" isn't as good as "definitely."

If @yoni is correct, in that this was a known Hezbollah explosives storage facility, and it certainly seems plausible, why would the Israelis not take advantage of the fire and use the smoke as cover to insure it was destroyed?
    Kinda my line of thinking also, however none of the videos seems legit for a real precision bomb.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Timing seems off.....An attack in coincidence with a fire in the middle of the day? Anyone wanting to get rid of that stock pile would have done it at night to minimize civilian casualties.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast