Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive explosions in Beirut

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Trump said at the press conference his generals advised him it was an attack / munition explosion & left it at that...guess we'll hear more later.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I REMEMBER another "explosion"...in 1983..that killed 241 American men & about a hundred more, and wounded God only knows how many more. FVCK EM.
    I later served with some boys that were there...unreal stories I heard. They CANT be paid back enough for that shit in MY book.
    I HOPE it was Israel. GOOD.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I REMEMBER another "explosion"...in 1983..that killed 241 American men & about a hundred more, and wounded God only knows how many more. FVCK EM.
    I later served with some boys that were there...unreal stories I heard. They CANT be paid back enough for that shit in MY book.
    I HOPE it was Israel. GOOD.
    I was there the day before, the bombing. We left thinking they were going to get hit, the rules that they were put under might be good for Iowa, but not Lebanon.

Hezbullah owns the government and is pulling Lebanon down with them as they fall along with Iran.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I was there the day before, the bombing. We left thinking they were going to get hit, the rules that they were put under might be good for Iowa, but not Lebanon.

Hezbullah owns the government and is pulling Lebanon down with them as they fall along with Iran.
    WOW. I was on Parris Island that night- we thought FOR SURE we were going to war with someone.
    I loved Ronald Reagan...was proud to have served undr him..but one of the few things I SORELY disagreed & NEVER understood was him making the Marines go without mags or ammo in the weapons whilst in Beruit. NO soldier ANYWHERE should EVER be under those orders.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 08-04-20 at 21:29.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    CNN reported "The director of the general security directorate later said the blast was caused by 'high explosive materials confiscated years ago,' but did not provide further details.

The red color ought to give some clues.
    Um, CNN lies about everything.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Um, CNN lies about everything.
    While CNN is the worst, they don't lie about everything. When reporting about some actual event that is not related to politics, Trump, etc. they can actually offer some factual info. Specifically in this case I've sen other news sources make the same or substantially the same quote.

Now, if whatever they are reporting on is remotely related to Trump, Republicans, or anything remotely political, all bets are off. I've been calling them the communist news network since at least the early 90s if not earlier. (AKA Clinton news Network). Any reporting in the same article referencing Trump and his response is, as a matter of course, suspect.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    While CNN is the worst, they don't lie about everything. When reporting about some actual event that is not related to politics, Trump, etc. they can actually offer some factual info. Specifically in this case I've sen other news sources make the same or substantially the same quote.

Now, if whatever they are reporting on is remotely related to Trump, Republicans, or anything remotely political, all bets are off. I've been calling them the communist news network since at least the early 90s if not earlier. (AKA Clinton news Network). Any reporting in the same article referencing Trump and his response is, as a matter of course, suspect.
    Respectfully disagree.
    Cases in point: the settlement last week of the kid they slandered who did nothing but smile at the fake Vietnam vet, toothless "native" American.
    Jusse Smullett.
    The college frat that supposedly raped the stripper but didnt really.
    Any/every story on guns/gun violence/assault weapons ect.
    Judge Kavanaugh
    The Reublican Party
    The Tea Party
    I got a list off the top of my head, a mile long. I cant see where they dont skew EVERYTHING. They are for the most dramatic, extreme, wild,
    crap they can report. I hope they paid the kid MILLIONS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Yes of course I am.

Enjoying a meal of tahini, shawarma, kebba, mujadra, with a little arak.
    ALL good stuff!! Arak is actually my favorite spirit. Florida is hot and it's very refreshing.

Except mujadra...I'm not familiar with that one.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Looks like fireworks to me (or small arms munitions?). Second video I've seen where you can clearly see/hear the snaps/flashes of things cooking off before the big boom.

https://twitter.com/pafupafu2020/sta...48480550772736

And here from a distance, but you can see the sparks/flashes at the base of the smoke before more fire flares up, then kablooey.

https://twitter.com/_SJPeace_/status...92458843049984
    Last edited by Jellybean; 08-04-20 at 23:52.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Respectfully disagree.
    Cases in point: the settlement last week of the kid they slandered who did nothing but smile at the fake Vietnam vet, toothless "native" American.
    Jusse Smullett.
    The college frat that supposedly raped the stripper but didnt really.
    Any/every story on guns/gun violence/assault weapons ect.
    Judge Kavanaugh
    The Reublican Party
    The Tea Party
    I got a list off the top of my head, a mile long. I cant see where they dont skew EVERYTHING. They are for the most dramatic, extreme, wild,
    crap they can report. I hope they paid the kid MILLIONS.

Nothing you listed goes against what I said. I agreed when the subject was political/ideological in the least bit.

Where I said that they don't always lie is in actual factual, non political, non Trump, non ideological reporting. Ie: "There was a large explosion in Beirut." That is an actual factual report, even though it is from CNN. Their quote of a Lebanese source as to the nature of the explosion, is also one of those actual factual non-ideological reports.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast