Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint PRO vs Micro dot

Feedback Score

Aimpoint PRO vs Micro dot

I apologize. If this as been covered before... so bare with me.

Other than weight savings, is there any really reason to go with one of the Aimpoint micro dots over the PRO? I have a PRO on my main rifle, and have been very happy with it for the past four years. I am in the process of getting a red dot for my back up rifle, and wanted to see if there was any real advantage of a micro dot. Thank you in advance for the assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    For the average user, not really. The T2 reportedly has less parallax, and maybe has a few more night vision settings. If those are priorities, than I say go for it. If not, a PRO is perfect for most users.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Micro slightly better battery life.

Pro is “fireproof”

https://youtu.be/oXdriW3KfwU
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Standard battery is nice, but I have also run a PRO for 4 years and I know buying batteries has not been a problem for me.

I love the lighter weight of the micro dots, but the AP Micros are 2X the cost and in my opinion, the return on investment isn't there if you are running them on a rifle or shotgun.

I should note that there is a thread about the AP Micros in the optics section, and the majority of posters do NOT share my feelings about pricing/return on investment.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 08-05-20 at 06:54.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Standard battery is nice, but I have also run a PRO for 4 years and I know buying batteries has not been a problem for me.

I love the lighter weight of the micro dots, but the AP Micros are 2X the cost and in my opinion, the return on investment isn't there if you are running them on a rifle or shotgun.

I should note that there is a thread about the AP Micros in the optics section, and the majority of posters do NOT share my feelings about pricing/return on investment.

Andy
    What kind of Aimpoint can you run on a shotgun that isn’t a micro?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The only issue I've had with the PRO's I'm running is eventually the battery does die. Since they last so long I just forget they even take a battery. Solution for me is I just change the batteries in all of them once a year on New Years, sort of like smoke detectors in the house.

Yeah its a complete waste of money, but trying to find those batteries in a pinch right now is a problem.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SFW View Post
    I have a PRO on my main rifle, and have been very happy with it for the past four years......
    Get the same model (PRO) and standardize your equipment needs.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1/3N’s are life. Go PRO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Get the same model (PRO) and standardize your equipment needs.
    That was my thought. Just wanted to see if there was anything I was missing anything by choosing the PRO again.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SFW View Post
    That was my thought. Just wanted to see if there was anything I was missing anything by choosing the PRO again.

Nope, if I had to live with using PROs on all my RDO weapons I would be fine with it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast