Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig 516 Piston Upper Bolt Carrier

Feedback Score
    According to Wikipedia, the 516 was discontinued in 2019, but the source they use is a forum.
    So take that with a grain of salt.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    According to Wikipedia, the 516 was discontinued in 2019, but the source they use is a forum.
    So take that with a grain of salt.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, talk is cheap. No doubt that Sig has removed it from their civilian catalog, but pretty sure it is still listed in their military/LE catalog. As well, a Sig rep told me personally that it was still available for military/LE and even civilians as a special order item. Sig has sold thousands of 516s to mil/LE units around the world. Parts and service for these weapons isn't going anywhere soon.

Feedback Score
    I put 150rds of IMI 55gr FMJ through the 516 upper using my M16A1 lower. Unfortunately, I left an H2 buffer in the lower instead of installing an H1 buffer like Sig recommends in their instruction manual. As a result, I had two cartridges that didn't feed due to short stroking. That's completely my fault. Otherwise, function was fine with the spent cases going in to a nice small area.

Feedback Score
    Bret, I would really appreciate a favor. I would very much like to know what the port sizes are on your gas valve. It appears that the valve is different on the 16", 14.5" & the 10". I've got the valve for the 10 & 16. 16 has smaller ports. Even better would be a part # for it which unfortunately would most likely require a call to Sig. My wait time the other day was 45 minutes. I used a numbered drill bit set to measure mine. Thanks

Feedback Score
    I have a gauge pin set, but it only goes up to 0.060". The smallest hole measures 0.039", the middle hole measures 0.047" and the large hole measures between 0.060" (max from gauge pin set) and 0.063" (my smallest drill bit larger than 0.060"). I sure hope that Sig improved their process for drilling gas port holes. I've purchased multiple gas plugs for my two 556 rifles and their measurements are all over the place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12