Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good light and light mount for a 590 14 inch?

Feedback Score

Good light and light mount for a 590 14 inch?

I'd prefer something that doesn't replace the forend.

Momentary switch on the light. Rugged. Probably should not extend past the muzzle.

I've found many designs but it's hard to separate the good stuff from the junk.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That seems to limit you to bolting on a section of 1913 rail unless you are cool with one of the mag tube mounts which means losing contact with the switch when you cycle the action.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Lights mounted to the fore end suck on a pump gun. Best option is the surefire fore end with integrated light. You don’t have the barrel length to do a barrel/tube mount and that puts its in a weird place anyway since you’ll have to come off your grip to actuate the light.

What fore end do you have now?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Lights mounted to the fore end suck on a pump gun. Best option is the surefire fore end with integrated light. You don’t have the barrel length to do a barrel/tube mount and that puts its in a weird place anyway since you’ll have to come off your grip to actuate the light.

What fore end do you have now?
    GG&G makes a Shockwave tube mount.

https://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-shock...ght-mount.html

Haven't used one. The concept seems kinda ok on an autoloader, but that on a pump just seems to be a bad idea if there are any other options.

Feedback Score
    The factory wood forend that came on this shockwave.

Sounds like ill be replacing the forend with one with a light.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    The factory wood forend that came on this shockwave.

Sounds like ill be replacing the forend with one with a light.
    Well if you want replace the forend here is one.

https://www.streamlight.com/products...ndex/tl-racker
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    Well if you want replace the forend here is one.

https://www.streamlight.com/products...ndex/tl-racker
    Ordered, thanks!

I'll miss the wood forend but it didnt provide a great grip anyway.

There is now a specialized tool just for removing forends on 870's, 500 / 590's, and the Shockwave. Ordered that, too.

I've learned in life that if someone makes a specific tool for a specific job like this get it!

Feedback Score
    Follow-up.

The Streamlight is excellent. Buy the spanner tool! I don't know how you'd install it without the tool. You'd have to fashion one.

I use loc-tite on nearly every fastener in my life. But because the threads were fine, the instructions didn't mention it, and the spanner seemed to work well, I did NOT loc-tite the nut that secures the fore end to the fore end assembly.

While shooting recently I noticed the fore end getting sloppier. I suspected that nut came loose and confirmed it later.

I wasn't looking forward to breaking the gun down again because it's a hassle and every accessory has to come off. (and they are all loc-tite so I had to clean up threads and re-apply) But being this was my third time it wasn't so bad. I cleaned up the threads with alcohol and put on a liberal amount of loc-tite blue. Ain't going anywhere now.

I highly recommend the Streamlight and the special spanner tool. Loc-Tite!

Feedback Score
    Good to hear

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Ordered, thanks!

I'll miss the wood forend but it didnt provide a great grip anyway.

There is now a specialized tool just for removing forends on 870's, 500 / 590's, and the Shockwave. Ordered that, too.

I've learned in life that if someone makes a specific tool for a specific job like this get it!
    If you wouldn't mind, let us/me know where tthis is manufactured when you receive it, thanks!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast