Thread: Omega 36M

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Omega 36M

I have an Omega 36M in jail. It’ll be my first suppressor. It’s mainly going to be on 5.56 guns. I’ll run it in long config on a DD MK18 and short on a 14.5” BCM.

It comes with the ASR quick detach mount on the can but I see that it’s easy to convert to keymo and others. I’m getting ready to change out my muzzle devices and was wondering if I should stick with ASR and get the ASR flash hiders on everything or if I should convert the suppressor to keymo and put the Deadair flash hiders on everything? Seems like keymo is the preferred mounting method because ASR has that extra step where you have to lock/unlock it.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    The extra step on the ASR should literally not factor in at all to your decision.

Here is a list of times I’ve needed to remove my suppressor quickly:

1)

Go with what’s easiest to install and what you like. There’s no bad side with either.

I can tell you’re new to the suppressor game. In 2 years there will be a mounting system better than Keymo and then what? Gonna swap it all out again? Nah.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Is Keymo better? I don't know. That seems to be the consensus. But I have three ASR based cans that I've used on 5 different rifles for 5 or 6 years now and I've never had a problem or any reason to want to switch.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    I think the keymo mount in an omega is needlessly heavy. Did that and then removed it. I have other dead air cans and do use keymo devices. But I wouldn’t add one in this instance.

However, something to consider is getting a Plan A from Griffith. They sell a variety of taper mount muzzle devices to choose from. Gives you options AND keeps the can as light as possible, as it should be.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have an Omega 36M waiting approval as well.
    I was planning on just using the ASR accessories, but am now intrigued as to what all is out there.

Like Euro said though, I can't really think of any situation I need to really use that "quick detach". Of course I was planning on leaving it in place and running it suppressed probably 99% of the time.
    Last edited by ap1220; 08-05-20 at 21:21.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    There are quite a few options that use the appropriate thread size, but the ASR works, and Euro nailed it.

If all the mounts were around now when I went with ASR, I might have gone something like the Q option or Griffin taper mount, because of weight. But I have to see a distinct advantage at this point to swap things over, and I just dont think the hassle is worth the 2-4 oz difference right now.

You have to decide if screwing to a taper mount and saving a few ounces is worth the premium vs screwing to the "not a taper" of the ASR system and turning a lock ring is worth it.