• T-2

19 82.61%
  • M4S

4 17.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-2 vs Comp M4S

Feedback Score

T-2 vs Comp M4S

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but while I'm wrapping-up some loose ends on my rifles, I'll be purchasing two red dots.

Years ago, I ran a M4S just because I got a great deal on it from the classifieds section. I was happy with it and wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one, BUT is there a valid reason to purchase an M4S rather than a T-2? I'm up to par on battery type, battery life, dimensions and weight. What saith you?
    Here comes the thunder.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    You can run the Comp M4 centerline a little higher and still see iron sights due to its larger diameter. Otherwise, just the obvious spec sheet stuff.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When you say 'years ago', reminds me, try to check both before you buy, make sure your vision is still good with those red dots. Age related astigmatism can cause people issues with red dots.

All things equal I voted T2, mainly because it's more light and compact, so you get more versatility in where and how you can use it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    When you say 'years ago', reminds me, try to check both before you buy, make sure your vision is still good with those red dots. Age related astigmatism can cause people issues with red dots.

All things equal I voted T2, mainly because it's more light and compact, so you get more versatility in where and how you can use it.
    Excellent point and yes, it's been long enough that my eyes have changed....unfortunately.
    Here comes the thunder.

Feedback Score
    IMO, the 30mm Aimpoints are great, but there’s nothing I can do with them that I can’t do with the micros for less weight. Look at an H2 if you’re not running NVGs and don’t plan to.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Both are great but the T2 is more versatile when in 10 years you want to run it offset on your AR10....

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    CompM4 can withstand more abuse and it has silly battery life like 8 years ...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I had an M4S for quite some time (7+ years), I happily traded into it from an older Leupold scope.

Worked well, never had any issues and very robust / durable. I have no doubt it would last a very long time. Yet for me, it had become my 'extra' RDS that just floated around from build to build - since others (T-1/T-2/H-2, etc) were used more. And as I migrated to more LPVOs / Scopes on 14.5 and up rifles, the M4S form factor lost out to the smaller Aimpoints on 10-12.5 SBRs. Not that the M4 wouldn't work, it just took up more space. So I sold it and got another Micro.

The AA battery is a nice capability and I had intended to replace it with a CompM5 until I saw some of them failing on the first drop on the illumination knob, so I just went with another T-2. 5 years with w 2032 is fine for me. If TEOTWAWKI comes, I'll make sure to pillage a M4 from the dead if batteries become an issue.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    are you running nods? If yes, then go with the m4s. If no, then go with the T2.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    are you running nods? If yes, then go with the m4s. If no, then go with the T2.
    Can you elaborate?

I plan on running NODS or thermal.
    Here comes the thunder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast