Thread: Used BCM Upper, Good Deal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Used BCM Upper, Good Deal?

Bought a 14.7 BCM upper (no bolt or ch) at the gunshow last weekend. It has the KMR rail, ELW, Key Mod....It's lightly used- rifling sharp, chamber clean, gauges a 1.5 or so....Paid $500. I thought that was fair. The Key Mod is in disfavor but I don't tend to move stuff around a lot. I'll put a good light, sling socket on it etc...and LEAVE it there forever....

This will just be a spare upper. I thought with everything going on that was a decent deal.....

At the same show I sold two "pieces parts" uppers for $350 apiece. Both had chrome lined 1/9 Bushmaster barrels, one a 14.5 and the other a 16" M4 type, no bolt or Ch included, standard CAR type handguards. Both had probably 1000-1500 rounds on them. One was built on a BCM blem upper and the other on a "mystery" upper I got in a trade...They were "backups" that I had swapped on and off various lowers for years. Seemed like a good time to upgrade....
    Last edited by Esq.; 08-05-20 at 10:20.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If all parts are original BCM you did fine.

I wouldn't worry too much about key mod versus mlok. Like you, all I attach to my uppers is a light and a sling mount. Key mod works fine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    If all parts are original BCM you did fine.

I wouldn't worry too much about key mod versus mlok. Like you, all I attach to my uppers is a light and a sling mount. Key mod works fine
    I know the guy I bought it from and it's all BCM- only reason he was selling is because he bought a new Centurion upper to replace it. I bought it, went home and got my two "beater" uppers and walked around the show taking offers. Ended up with $200 in my pocket and the BCM upper so it worked out I thought.

Feedback Score
    BCM has been my go to since 2012. Not a bad deal at all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock18j View Post
    BCM has been my go to since 2012. Not a bad deal at all.
    I own two complete rifles and half a dozen of their uppers. They all run well. Just wasn't sure what the "value" of a lightly
    used, good quality, upper might be right now...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just wasn't sure what the "value" of a lightly
    used, good quality, upper might be right now...
    $500, you just set the bar...