Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Used BCM Upper, Good Deal?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Used BCM Upper, Good Deal?

Bought a 14.7 BCM upper (no bolt or ch) at the gunshow last weekend. It has the KMR rail, ELW, Key Mod....It's lightly used- rifling sharp, chamber clean, gauges a 1.5 or so....Paid $500. I thought that was fair. The Key Mod is in disfavor but I don't tend to move stuff around a lot. I'll put a good light, sling socket on it etc...and LEAVE it there forever....

This will just be a spare upper. I thought with everything going on that was a decent deal.....

At the same show I sold two "pieces parts" uppers for $350 apiece. Both had chrome lined 1/9 Bushmaster barrels, one a 14.5 and the other a 16" M4 type, no bolt or Ch included, standard CAR type handguards. Both had probably 1000-1500 rounds on them. One was built on a BCM blem upper and the other on a "mystery" upper I got in a trade...They were "backups" that I had swapped on and off various lowers for years. Seemed like a good time to upgrade....
    Last edited by Esq.; 08-05-20 at 10:20.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If all parts are original BCM you did fine.

I wouldn't worry too much about key mod versus mlok. Like you, all I attach to my uppers is a light and a sling mount. Key mod works fine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    If all parts are original BCM you did fine.

I wouldn't worry too much about key mod versus mlok. Like you, all I attach to my uppers is a light and a sling mount. Key mod works fine
    I know the guy I bought it from and it's all BCM- only reason he was selling is because he bought a new Centurion upper to replace it. I bought it, went home and got my two "beater" uppers and walked around the show taking offers. Ended up with $200 in my pocket and the BCM upper so it worked out I thought.

Feedback Score
    BCM has been my go to since 2012. Not a bad deal at all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock18j View Post
    BCM has been my go to since 2012. Not a bad deal at all.
    I own two complete rifles and half a dozen of their uppers. They all run well. Just wasn't sure what the "value" of a lightly
    used, good quality, upper might be right now...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just wasn't sure what the "value" of a lightly
    used, good quality, upper might be right now...
    $500, you just set the bar...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    $500, you just set the bar...

Lol, true enough. Considering that i got $350 out of my no name uppers I thought i did really well....The Bcm is much nicer/better quality than the stuff i got rid of

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Lol, true enough. Considering that i got $350 out of my no name uppers I thought i did really well....The Bcm is much nicer/better quality than the stuff i got rid of
    How did the no name stuff shoot for you as compared to what you just bought?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    BCM is quality kit. Should be good with your purchase.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Who sells uppers with out BCG and CH? I could understand if it was new, but being used? BCGs are one of the few things that BCM has in stock.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast