Thread: Gemtech suppressor plus Superlative gas block...anyone run both together?

Feedback Score

Gemtech suppressor plus Superlative gas block...anyone run both together?

Or run a similar set up with gas reducing block and BCG? I just received both pieces and getting ready to add them to SBR i shoot regularly. I am shooting a 10.5" BCM build running a Griffin M4SD can. Shooting a mix of factory ammo, no reloads...

Just wondering if anyone has run a combo like this to reduce gas back into the receiver/magazine/face, and if both together might take off to much gas. Thanks in advance for any input.

Bill

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’ve got probably 4 SA adjustable gas blocks that I run on both .223/5.56, .300 BO, and 6.8 SPC. My cans are YHM Turbo and ULT.
    No issues whatsoever. Some people poo-poo it, but I run them in gas bleed-off. I’m a lefty so anything I can do to hopefully reduce gas, I do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I’ve got probably 4 SA adjustable gas blocks that I run on both .223/5.56, .300 BO, and 6.8 SPC. My cans are YHM Turbo and ULT.
    No issues whatsoever. Some people poo-poo it, but I run them in gas bleed-off. I’m a lefty so anything I can do to hopefully reduce gas, I do.
    Thanks...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Its useless.

Trying to come up with a combo of gas setting on the block and a setting on the bolt carrier was maddening.

I have six superlative blocks and one bootleg carrier. At this point, the bootleg carrier is simply a normal carrier to me. The adjustability is useless.

Start with a block and add a carrier if needed.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    Use the block, put the carrier in another rifle that isn't used primarily for suppressed shooting. Using both in one rifle is clown shoes.