Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS, worth it? Advice?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihonda View Post
    UPDATE

I’m considering tackling the hefty task of switching to using the optic on duty... as much as you might think this is an easy choice, it’s actually not... a couple things are factors..

1- I shoot pretty darn good with irons (routinely top shot out of a cadre of around 80 people).. so there’s the “if it ain’t broke” mantra...

3- I simultaneously lose use of the best holster ever created (TDL) and I will need to supply my own new optic/light ready rig (around $200).

But I admit there are many benefits, especially as my eyes go from Uncorrected 20/10 vision to now needing readers... I’ve noticed that my range time does benefit from my using readers to see my front sight,,, I know the RDSs will greatly improve my ability to navigate my sight picture,,,
    1- Me too. I was generally one of the top 5 pistol shooters on a 30-ish entry member SWAT team. RDS-me would wipe the floor with Iron-me... not even close... at all. I'm significantly faster (past 3 yards) and drastically more accurate that increases exponentially as distance increases. Well-placed and quickly repeated follow-up shots is what wins gunfights. Not that I'd me looking to do so, but I can now upper-chest shoot a target at 50-yards with both eyes open with boring monotony.

3- I'm not sure if the O-light fits it, but I use Safariland 6360RDS on the street and 6390RDS on SWAT. Nub mod for all and call it a day.

It is the way.

EDIT- we issue G17-5 MOS with TLR1-hl and 6360RDS holster. I added Ameriglo GL-429, CHPWS V3 (about to be V4), and 407c (about to be 508t) and have had it on-duty for about a year. It's been rock solid for the 5,000-6,000 rounds I've put through it at schools plus whatever number (approximately eleventee-billion I've shot at SWAT).
    Last edited by TheTick; 10-25-20 at 18:20. Reason: added info.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
    1- Me too. I was generally one of the top 5 pistol shooters on a 30-ish entry member SWAT team. RDS-me would wipe the floor with Iron-me... not even close... at all. I'm significantly faster (past 3 yards) and drastically more accurate that increases exponentially as distance increases. Well-placed and quickly repeated follow-up shots is what wins gunfights. Not that I'd me looking to do so, but I can now upper-chest shoot a target at 50-yards with both eyes open with boring monotony.

3- I'm not sure if the O-light fits it, but I use Safariland 6360RDS on the street and 6390RDS on SWAT. Nub mod for all and call it a day.

It is the way.

EDIT- we issue G17-5 MOS with TLR1-hl and 6360RDS holster. I added Ameriglo GL-429, CHPWS V3 (about to be V4), and 407c (about to be 508t) and have had it on-duty for about a year. It's been rock solid for the 5,000-6,000 rounds I've put through it at schools plus whatever number (approximately eleventee-billion I've shot at SWAT).
    Great info.. We standard issue G19, but can opt for a G17 if we make a case for it. I prefer the G19 anyway. We can carry our own rig, which I’m a fan of, but since they forced us to go Glock, vs our own choice (Sig P228 was my go to), I’ve just used their gun at work. Going with a sight and light is optional, but we gotta supply the hardware. I have maybe 5 years left, and figure now is the time...

I got the v4 CHPW plate as well.

One thing I noticed, with the OLIGHT 1500 lumen light activated, it completely washes out my Holosun 507cv2 optic reticle, even the 32moa eotech style ring... any thoughts on this? It’s a bright light, and it doesn’t seem to matter how bright I have my optic turned up, I can’t see it with 1500 lumens fired up... its super bright and vivid otherwise.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Everyone posting here about their CHPWS need to get rid of those things any buy the FCD plates like real Americans.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Everyone posting here about their CHPWS need to get rid of those things any buy the FCD plates like real Americans.
    I love FCD, but Chpws is based in Georgia, and FCD doesn’t make a 509t mos plate yet haha
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 10-25-20 at 22:13.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I love FCD, but Chpws is based in Georgia, and FCD doesn’t make a 509t mos plate yet haha
    I’ll give you that, I don’t think they will based on the variances in Holosun’s tolerances. But between some spicy responses from them on ARFCOM and most importantly, the DQ blizzard test, FCD should be the only right answer for MOS and RMR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The CHP MOS plate I recently received wasn’t milled properly. The holes for the screws were not aligned with the holes in the slide.

I returned it, purchased an FCD plate, and never looked back.

#wangang

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    The CHP MOS plate I recently received wasn’t milled properly. The holes for the screws were not aligned with the holes in the slide.

I returned it, purchased an FCD plate, and never looked back.

#wangang

And I had no issues with mine. Luck or UN-Luck of the draw in your case.
    Anyway, better than the OEM plates.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    If I get the slide milled for an RMR, will future trijicon red dots still fit as they evolve? Same question with other brands. Do all the holosun sights fit the same plate?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    How does anybody know what Trijicon will do in the future? The RMR and SRO to date use the same platform. The future will be guided by many things.

Holosun 407c/507c/508t all use the same pattern. 509t uses another but includes an RMR cut adapter. 407k/507k use a variation on the Shield RMSc cut.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    RDS on a handgun is a game changer. Go for it if you have not already.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast