Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS, worth it? Advice?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Milled is optimal but the modularity is nice especially as optic technology changes. While the factory MOS plates leave some to be desired, the forward controls and CHPWS plates are fantastic and don’t give up much to a milled setup.
    This. The stock MOS plates are garbage, but CHPWS and FCD both make some great plates to replace the stock one with that will work very well for you if you go that route. If you get a dot, practice, practice, practice presentation and transitions. After we've been told to focus on the front sight, we move to dots, where we should be target focused, which is what our eyes prefer. However, we've adapted to be front sight focused, and it'll take reps to change that.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have a Gen 5 MOS with the CHWPS plate. It is a great set up. The MOS cut is more future-proof than having your slide milled for a specific optic. If you ever want to sell your Glock. The MOS should make it a bit easier to get rid of

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You can always get a spare slide from lone wolf and mill it so you done mess up your OEM slide.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Milled is optimal but the modularity is nice especially as optic technology changes. While the factory MOS plates leave some to be desired, the forward controls and CHPWS plates are fantastic and don’t give up much to a milled setup.
    This. I went with the CHPWS V4 for the Holosun HS507K. The cost was offset by getting a great deal on suppressor NS ($65). Of course I got my 19 MOS as a blue label, so the cost was already pretty low.

G19.jpg

For the OP, a big important question right now is, do you have enough ammo on hand to train into the pistol optic? Because if you don't, don't add one even if you get the MOS. I say that because obtaining enough ammo to train to the optic would be an expensive PITA during the current shortage unless you already have it. Or like me, keep enough components in stock to keep the Dillon churning!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Depends partially on urgency.

I've no idea what backlog is like with any of the slide milling companies. They also usually require you to send in your optic … so it'd have to be in hand. If milled for an RMR that is your only option. As long as you are OK with that and whatever wait you need, rock on.

*IF* you can get a G19.5MOS right now that, along with an FCD plate, is the most future-proof and stable. It assumes you get an RMR/SRO. The FCD plates will not work with the Holosun. But if the footprint changes … say Aimpoint finally releases an RMR killer, the plate will likely afford you the option.

The FCD plate is, structurally, the only one so far that actually will work over time, IMO. It is as close to milled as can be using the factory MOS,

I personally would skip the night sights and just get some Ameriglo GL429 (suppressor height, all black, $45). Decide later after learning the RMR if you really want them. I was happier with all black and a light.

The MOS is one of those things that you either do or don't. It is pretty much a stock G19 and then a complete MOS package. It is only oddly functional if you piece it over time.

For the OP, a big important question right now is, do you have enough ammo on hand to train into the pistol optic? Because if you don't, don't add one even if you get the MOS. I say that because obtaining enough ammo to train to the optic would be an expensive PITA during the current shortage unless you already have it. Or like me, keep enough components in stock to keep the Dillon churning!
    Also this ^^ I was probably 500 rounds + a lot of dry practice before I felt I was ready to use it as a primary. I'd still like to take an RDS class.
    Last edited by PrivateCitizen; 08-06-20 at 13:55. Reason: werds

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    You can always get a spare slide from lone wolf and mill it so you done mess up your OEM slide.
    Fortunately not my experience, but a buddy of mine had a shop mess up his Gen 5 19 slide when they milled it, and MAN was he pissed... don't cut corners on slide milling, and make sure that you use a reputable company.

Feedback Score
    The training aspect is a good call... and something to consider. I carry a G19 daily... and. I also EDC a G43 IWB. Neither of these will have a red dot.

This was for personal home use, maybe USPCA, and my older eyes... I’d eventually like to transition to red dots for all the weapons, so maybe get the MOS version now, and look at red dots down the road?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihonda View Post
    The training aspect is a good call... and something to consider. I carry a G19 daily... and. I also EDC a G43 IWB. Neither of these will have a red dot.

This was for personal home use, maybe USPCA, and my older eyes... I’d eventually like to transition to red dots for all the weapons, so maybe get the MOS version now, and look at red dots down the road?
    I think that would be the best bet. I am basically on that path myself- ammo shortage has cut down on my training, so I am prioritizing sticking with what I know (iron sights) before diving into the RDS and associated learning curve.
    Last edited by Co-gnARR; 08-06-20 at 18:38.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    I wasn't sure I wanted to go this road and was unwilling mill slide to find out so I bought a Zev Tech RMR cut slide, an RMR 01 and Ameriglo sights that I found used and cheap (comparatively speaking), it was the set up I would have chosen but the price was right. Now that I know I like it I'll move forward and mill my slides moving forward. I'm giving serious though to putting the the rear sight in front of the RMR.

If going the MOS route 'dI definitely give the FCD option a look.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Good stuff in this thread.

I have about 2000 rounds on my G45 MOS with an RMR and the FCD plate. It has been really solid. With a lot of dry fire reps and draws in addition to the live fire, suffice it to say I’m hooked on the RDS and with NVG it’s dyno-mite!

So much so I bought a spare RMR which turned into wanting a Gen5 G19 MOS with FCD plate combo. With the panic, Glock MOS are apparently unobtanium and will be until after January I’m being told. So, I have a few Gen4 G19s and the slide of one was sent to Jagerwerks a few weeks ago for a mill job. 4-8 weeks was the lead time upon order.

I’m curious to compare the MOS/FCD plate vs the mill. Looking forward to having both in the inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast