Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS, worth it? Advice?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Any body know what “slight modification” I would need to make to the CHPWS plate to make it fit a G40 MOS? Or if there are after market options for the G40?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-gnARR View Post
    Any body know what “slight modification” I would need to make to the CHPWS plate to make it fit a G40 MOS? Or if there are after market options for the G40?
    I don't. I'm still running a stock MOS plate for the RMR on my 40. I'd be interested to know as well.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I don't. I'm still running a stock MOS plate for the RMR on my 40. I'd be interested to know as well.
    I imagine it might be a bit of filing to make the CHPWS plate fit, but I will email them and ask for details. As for the stock plate, how is it holding up? Are you needing to tighten the screws often?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I imagine it might be a bit of filing to make the CHPWS plate fit, but I will email them and ask for details. As for the stock plate, how is it holding up? Are you needing to tighten the screws often?
    Not so far, but I set it pretty good with Loctite on the screws and the plate itself.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Not so far, but I set it pretty good with Loctite on the screws and the plate itself.
    Thanks for the update. I forgot to post this kit from Trijicon. It has different screws and the sealing plate. Does any one know if this improves the RMR mounting issues with the factory plates?

https://www.trijicon.com/search2/?ke...mounting%20kit

Feedback Score
    Can I ask you fellas a question? I would think that an RDS would make shooting easier and that the transition would be quick. What about the RDS (as it sounds in this thread) requires extensive practice? Yeah, I get that practice makes perfect, yada yada. Is it a parallax issue? Is it an issue picking up the dot quickly?

Kind of like LPVO's on an AR, I haven't warmed up to the idea of a pistol RDS.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Milled is the preferred option with ATEI, Jagerworks, CHPWS, and PMM, Agency and a few others as the best in their fields.
    MOS with a plate from CHPWS or FCD is a very solid and viable option, the factory MOS plates are hot garbage and should be thrown away once you buy the gun.

Red dots on pistols are the way of the future, and the present. Between Trijicon and Holosun there is a solid, reliable dot for everyone and their budget.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Thanks for the update. I forgot to post this kit from Trijicon. It has different screws and the sealing plate. Does any one know if this improves the RMR mounting issues with the factory plates?

https://www.trijicon.com/search2/?ke...mounting%20kit
    The consensus is only the Type 1 RMR need the baseplate due to potential battery contact issues on uneven surface, the type 2 should be gtg without the plate.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I’ll be 48 in three weeks. I would consider myself a competent practitioner of pistol shooting. Better than 20/20 vision my entire life and while still uncorrected, age related sight degradation is happening... Until this March, I resisted and resisted an RDS on a pistol until I said eff it, and bought a G45 MOS and RMR. Also wanted new a challenge and I found NV soon-thereafter.

I can only give you my experiences in finding my way. I do have good help and a professional resource to guide me.

My initial issues with the RDS were getting the dot in my sight picture upon draw and presentation/extension. With the smaller window of the RMR, I found it really exposes your bad habits on draw and presentation to get the dot where it needs to be quickly. Lots of practice has solved that problem. Draw times have gone way down and I am happy where I am.

The other challenge was focusing too much on the “bouncing dot” initially. We all know focus on the front sight with irons... That does not translate to focus on the dot with a pistol. Just like a carbine RDS, it’s focus on the target with the dot in my peripheral.

Those were my biggest struggles. Part of my training included (s) draws in a completely pitch black closet to test my draw and presentation to confirm the dot is where it should be.

The other unexpected benefit has been the improvement in my irons shooting. I can’t believe how good my irons shooting is now. The reasons make sense now that I know.

Recently, training with the RMR and NODs. It’s so dang fun and formidable.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Can I ask you fellas a question? I would think that an RDS would make shooting easier and that the transition would be quick. What about the RDS (as it sounds in this thread) requires extensive practice? Yeah, I get that practice makes perfect, yada yada. Is it a parallax issue? Is it an issue picking up the dot quickly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

It does happen quickly, if you can transition to target focus. You have to get off the front sight. As the gun comes into your field of view you interpose the dot on the target. A great majority of the adjustment to red dot can be done dry, IMO.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast