Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS, worth it? Advice?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’ll give you that, I don’t think they will based on the variances in Holosun’s tolerances. But between some spicy responses from them on ARFCOM and most importantly, the DQ blizzard test, FCD should be the only right answer for MOS and RMR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cool looking rig Wake. Nice.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score

Well, Glocktober is almost over...

In the last two weeks, I unsuspectingly purchased TWO G19mos guns and completely rigged them for Holosun 507 optics and tac lights. I then yesterday snagged a G43X that came into my LGS. I forgot I’d asked them to put my name on the list, and couldn’t say “no” when I got the call that it’d come in.. so three Glocks in two weeks. A new record for me personally..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihonda View Post
    In the last two weeks, I unsuspectingly purchased TWO G19mos guns and completely rigged them for Holosun 507 optics and tac lights. I then yesterday snagged a G43X that came into my LGS. I forgot I’d asked them to put my name on the list, and couldn’t say “no” when I got the call that it’d come in.. so three Glocks in two weeks. A new record for me personally..
    Heck yeah! Honestly, been thinking about grabbing a Glock. Currently I'm running a P365 for my CCW, but after coming across this article, the G48 is looking mighty fine. Never had a chance to get my paws on it though. And with all the noise with the election coming up, not sure I wanna traverse out into the wild to shoot it. But man...It looks like it'd be a great blind buy.

Feedback Score
    Very nice.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Something we harp on members here for is making "facebook status update" threads such as this one. I'm not going to do that, rather I'd ask if you could expand on your post:

Why two G19's?

Why the 507 over the RMR?

What lights are you running?

What holsters are you running the 19 and 43 in, and why?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Something we harp on members here for is making "facebook status update" threads such as this one. I'm not going to do that, rather I'd ask if you could expand on your post:

Why two G19's?

Why the 507 over the RMR?

What lights are you running?

What holsters are you running the 19 and 43 in, and why?
    Lot of your questions can be answered HERE in this thread (if you’re curious).

I had someone inquiring why I went with the 507 Holosun vs the RMR. well, the $300 vs $500 price tag was a start, but the definitive answer..

The side mount battery compartment, eliminating the need to remove, re-zero the sight, was a plus.

The shake awake tech that allows even greater battery life, was a big deal to me. I hate the idea of something just sitting on for years... nope, the battery will die.

The multiple reticle options was a plus, but I do believe once the initial novelty of the eotech style circle wears off, this feature won’t hold as much importance. But it’s an option.

The higher (taller) viewing optic glass helps and is a plus imho. I hear people talk about the RMR shape being some bomb proof design, but I’m not convinced.

Last argument for the 507 is all the features are imho at least as good as the RMR, if not better, and it’s $200 cheaper. Now, don’t get me wrong, I like buying American, and I like the idea RMRs are proven and bomb proof, but the 507s look solid enough and have all (if not more) features than the RMR at a significantly lower price point. No brainer imho.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Good advice here, thanks for the assist.

Quote Originally Posted by Trihonda View Post
    Lot of your questions can be answered HERE in this thread (if you’re curious).
    Threads merged, see above.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OPF-G, RMR entered market in March of 2019, we will continue to expand the OPF (Optics Platform, FCD) line. By 2021, we will have added RMRcc and DPP plates to the line up (for 1.26" wide slides, while the DPP will work on both Set 01 and the thicker Set 02 (G40) slides.)

The reason we don't make anything for H sights has to do with the OPF-G design, which tightly cradles the sight on the plate. Given Trijicon's +/- 0.005 tolerance between the center of the recoil lugs and the front edge of the sight, this task is already challenging, OPF-G has to deal with the tolerance on top (red dot sight) and below (MOS cut on the slide). At least with the RMR and SRO (RMRcc has tighter tolerances) the tolerances are a known value. With H sights, each model line is slightly different, and each version within the model is also different, it's not compatible with the way OPF-G, RMR works.

We have no interest in making H compatible plates, even though OPF-G, RMR works well with 507c, the use of any H sights with OPF-G, RMR is not supported, partly because of the reason listed above, but also H sight users tend to damage our plates by using incorrect screws. The supplied sight to plate screws don't work with H sights, H sight users need to use the shorter set of screws that came with their sights.

We will continue to develop plates for Trijicon, Leupold and Aimpoint to expand to other gun manufactures such as S&W. OPF-G, DPP is a collaboration with Tangodown, the basis of which is OPF-G, RMR, while we rebrand Tangodown's M17/M19 ACRO plates under OPF-M17, ACRO name. OPF-G, RMR and OPF-G, RMRcc are FCD developed. We will be moving to the great state of TX in December, among other reasons, this enables us to have access to the guns we can't get in CA for development.

We're an American company, and will always support other American companies, or companies from allied countries. I like that if I pick up the phone, I can talk to someone in MI or OR with any questions. I will always spend more to buy American to support my fellow Americans.

IMG_5845_jpg-1688429.JPG
    Last edited by Duffy; 11-23-20 at 18:11.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We're an American company, and will always support other American companies, or companies from allied countries. I like that if I pick up the phone, I can talk to someone in MI or OR with any questions. I will always spend more to buy American to support my fellow Americans.

Well said. I am now a fan of FCD

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    MOS with OPF plate and Trijicon or go home ... don't buy holocrap.
    gfcd.jpg
    Last edited by Mitikoki; 11-29-20 at 21:08.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast