Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sig 550 vs HK 416 Assault Rifles

Feedback Score
    I have all the 55X series gun (553, 553R, 551sbr, 551 lb, 3 550's, and 2 550 snipers) excpet the 552. Josh's call outs are correc. Just listen to Josh, you won't go far wrong. They are expensive. Parts are expensive. Mags are expensive. They are heavy. My "bump in the night" rifle is a Sig 553 SBR with a can, the B&T handguard, a steiner cqbl, and an aimpoint. Its a heavy little pig, but it is spooky accurate, small, reliable, has an adjustable gas system. It can be accessorized like a modern rifle. As mentioned, the gas system can't be withdrawn with the 51T AAC mount. I have a 550 with the B&T rail on it. Its heavy. The rifle is 9.4 lbs. Plus the rail, optic... YOu end up with an 11 lb 5.56 rifle. Its a beast but man its great to shoot. The 551 sbr is just a sexy rifle. THere are Mlock handguards coming soon.

Now having said all that, I would not get a Sig 550, 551, or 553 as your only rifle. For the price of a 550, you can get a really good AR, good optics, a modlight and a MAWL. I love me my swiss stuff, but comparing what you can get, dollar for dollar, start out life with a really high end, well accessorized AR.

For the HK, my question is what does it do for you that a more main stream high end AR doesn't cover? I know it says "obendorf, germany" on it, but there are really really well made US AR15s of comparable quality. There are NO QUALITY US MADE SIG 55X series rifles. So in that sense, there is an alternative to the HK but not the SIG.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    excpet the 552.
    Are you on the list to get one or skipping it because the recoil system design was replaced? I have one on the way.

Feedback Score
    Hey Bret, I'm going to pass on the 552. the only reason to get it would be the complete the collection but I'd rather have a gray and green 553 for the money.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    Hey Bret, I'm going to pass on the 552. the only reason to get it would be the complete the collection but I'd rather have a gray and green 553 for the money.
    How are you going to configure your grey green 553?

Feedback Score
    If I get one it would be with irons and the 10.5 inch barrel. Only going with irons because I have a flat top already. Still need to get a nato lower.

Feedback Score
    Jdi is taking deposits for a 553sb green grey with irons AND welded rail. 10 available

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Are you on the list to get one or skipping it because the recoil system design was replaced? I have one on the way.
    I am on the list for a 552 SB. Certified card carrying SIG CH fanboi.

552 SB = cult gun
    Last edited by ralfabco; 08-21-20 at 20:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralfabco View Post
    I am on the list for a 552 SB. Certified card carrying SIG CH fanboi.

552 SB = cult gun
    It’s only a cult gun because they are not available. Speaking as an owner of two 552s, they don’t hold a candle to the 553. I love my NC ALE trade-in 552-2 as a collectible. The markings are awesome, 922(r) doesn’t apply to these LE trade-in rifles, and it was barely fired when I bought it. Mine is a safe queen. A 552 with a JDI serial prefix and marked “ Sig Sauer Ag”....no thanks.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 08-21-20 at 21:05.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    It’s only a cult gun because they are not available. Speaking as an owner of two 552s, they don’t hold a candle to the 553. I love my NC ALE trade-in 552-2 as a collectible. The markings are awesome, 922(r) doesn’t apply to these LE trade-in rifles, and it was barely fired when I bought it. Mine is a safe queen. A 552 with a JDI serial prefix and marked “ Sig Sauer Ag”....no thanks.
    I am happy with all of the products.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I was happy when he changed the import making to get rid of JDI. Then he went and put it on the serial number 🤔

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast