Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pistol AR Brace SBA3 or SBA4

Feedback Score
    PCC 9.jpg

Just waiting on the AimPoint T2 to arrive. Very smooth and cleaned up and functioned great in limited rounds. Upper / lower pins were super tight .. much more than my other AR's. 33 rounds of Glock magazine 9 fun!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    This got me curious.. how does our messed up republic tie into a brace decision lol. This will basically be a $1900 range toy (well $2700 with T1 and mount).. my HD and CCW real stuff are basically 556 and 9. I haven't came up with a scenario where this PCC would be a go to.. even needing a pistol my BCM 11.5 pistol in 556 has been UBER reliable and a sub 2 MOA gun.
    Sorry for the late reply.

I was going to point out that a split fix on your brace will be used against you by the ATF if they want to get you because it's a modification.

But at this point, with how messed up everything is, I just don't think anyone should care anymore.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Sorry for the late reply.

I was going to point out that a split fix on your brace will be used against you by the ATF if they want to get you because it's a modification.

But at this point, with how messed up everything is, I just don't think anyone should care anymore.
    The Split Fix does not modify the brace or how the brace functions and works just as well as the original strap when strapping the brace to the forearm.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    SBA3 gets my vote. Own both for the record.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The Split Fix does not modify the brace or how the brace functions and works just as well as the original strap when strapping the brace to the forearm.
    Negative. It modifies it, and is why the wise company themselves specifically state it is only for use while storing and transporting. Check the ATF letter yourself as well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The site says
    Built specifically to fit the the SBA3 Brace only.

Designed to prevent the deformation of the SBA3’s rubber arm supports while in storage or transport.

Longer strap length to better accommodate larger forearms.
    Nothing about it modifying the SBA3. Nothing about it being only to be used for storage or transportation. The strap is even lengthened to accommodate a wider range of shooter's forearms.

If it does modify the SBA3, how does it modify the SBA3? No holes are drilled. Nothing is trimmed or cut. No stiffeners are attached with adhesives or fasteners. The shape isn't changed.

I'll admit, I haven't seen all BATF letters but as far as I know, none have stated the Split Fix modifies an SBA3 or that it's illegal to shoulder an SBA3 with a Split Fix installed.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 08-17-20 at 16:24.

I am American

Feedback Score
    Can someone enlighten me on this split fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The site says

Nothing about it modifying the SBA3. Nothing about it being only to be used for storage or transportation. The strap is even lengthened to accommodate a wider range of shooter's forearms.

If it does modify the SBA3, how does it modify the SBA3? No holes are drilled. Nothing is trimmed or cut. No stiffeners are attached with adhesives or fasteners. The shape isn't changed.

I'll admit, I haven't seen all BATF letters but as far as I know, none have stated the Split Fix modifies an SBA3 or that it's illegal to shoulder an SBA3 with a Split Fix installed.
    https://johnpierceesq.com/the-atf-is...es-once-again/

Quote Originally Posted by BAFTE
    Permanently affixing the brace to the end of a buffer tube at a length that would not allow its use as an arm brace;
    Removing the arm strap;
    or
    Otherwise undermining its ability to actually be used as an arm brace.
    It's your cornhole. This is the extent of my caring, not because I think so lowly of you or anyone else, but because I think so lowly of the rule of law at this point in the USA.
    Do what you want.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    https://johnpierceesq.com/the-atf-is...es-once-again/

It's your cornhole. This is the extent of my caring, not because I think so lowly of you or anyone else, but because I think so lowly of the rule of law at this point in the USA.
    Do what you want.
    They did go on to add that actions which would still constitute re-design include taking affirmative steps such as:

Permanently affixing the brace to the end of a buffer tube at a length that would not allow its use as an arm brace;
    Removing the arm strap; or
    Otherwise undermining its ability to actually be used as an arm brace.
    -The Split Fix does not affix the SBA3 at any length
    -The Split Fix does not remove the arm strap, it replaces it and performs the same function
    -The Split Fix does not undermine the ability of the SBA3 to be actually used as an arm brace

Therefore, the Split Fix does not meet the conditions of modification as outlined in the ATF letter, regardless of whose cornhole is involved.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 08-17-20 at 23:45.

I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was unable to copy directly from the linked ATF letter, but the article sums up the specific point of the letter about the subject which we are discussing ("They" being the ATF)-

-The Split Fix does not affix the SBA3 at any length
    -The Split Fix does not remove the arm strap, it replaces it and performs the same function
    -The Split Fix does not undermine the ability of the SBA3 to be actually used as an arm brace

Therefore, the Split Fix does not meet the conditions of modification as outlined in the ATF letter, regardless of whose cornhole is involved.
    Why do you repear what I already have posted?

Specifically for travel and storage.
    Removing the strap.

Did the Split Fix come installed on your brace from the factory, or did you have to modify your brace by removing the strap to replace it with the Split Fix?
    Did you remove your Split Fix before firing your pistol?

Remember this gem?
    https://ic13.us/product/sbp-blade-protector/

Quote Originally Posted by ic13
    NOT LEGAL FOR USE ON PISTOLS. Legal for use on rifles. All NFA rules apply.
    ATF ruled it illegal.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast