Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Attorney General Suing the NRA, four members in particular

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    As I said, if they spend EVEN 10% of their take on the 2A....it's THREE TIMES WHAT ALL THE OTHERS COMBINED COULD DO! There is no way around it, like it don't like it. THEY ARE THE ONLY REAL ORGANIZATION that has any hope of helping to preserve our rights. In the political world, David usually gets his ass pounded into the sand by Goliath.
    So you figure about 10% on Pro 2nd Amendment activities, 10% on Marion, 40% on Wayne, and about 40% on anti-second Amendment candidates and support for anti-second Amendment legislation. That really explains how we got to where we are now. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    So you figure about 10% on Pro 2nd Amendment activities, 10% on Marion, 40% on Wayne, and about 40% on anti-second Amendment candidates and support for anti-second Amendment legislation. That really explains how we got to where we are now. Thank you!
    How ever you want to run the numbers, it still works out the same---- 10% is more than 3 to 1 of everyone else combined. I'm sorry that's not what people want to hear, but it's REALITY. To pretend otherwise is foolish and counterproductive.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Again, as I said, Like it, Don't like, the FACTS are what they are. It's nearly mental illness level denial to say that "Goa could do what NRA does"...No, no they can't. Period. The way forward is a fundamental reform of NRA- anything else is suicide.
    I don't think there is any way that GOA could do what the NRA does either because go a puts out the itemized list of incidents they base their candidate ratings on. It would same to be a difficult sell to give a candidate and a rating while showing a list of incidents where the candidate did something anti-gun 40% of the time.

I also can't see GOA a telling its members that a person had been doing anti-gun activities for 10 years, but when that person decides to run for president flip-flopping and telling the same members they need to vote for the person for president because they will mystically appoint judges that will go against everything they have done in their career prior to that date

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How ever you want to run the numbers, it still works out the same---- 10% is more than 3 to 1 of everyone else combined. I'm sorry that's not what people want to hear, but it's REALITY. To pretend otherwise is foolish and counterproductive.
    I am well aware they spend more. It is a common complaint among state-level organizations that the NRA will come in and spend money on well-known anti-gun candidate and get them elected over a known pro-gun candidates the state-level organization has been supporting.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 08-07-20 at 10:50.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I support SAF (Second Amendment Foundation) & (FPC) Firearms Policy Coalition.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Obviously this is a blatant political move, especially in an election year. While I despise the leadership of the NRA, especially Wayne, I can't make up my mind if burning it to the ground to rebuild it is the right answer. Their appeals for money are so disgusting and hyperbolic that I'm seriously considering not renewing in the next year or two when my membership expires. It doesn't help that we've had a peak behind the curtain and seen what they're wasting our money on. The problem is, no 2A organization has anywhere the brand cachet as the NRA - the intangible power of the organization is something I don't want to throw away.

I'd be very happy if this lawsuit has the unintended consequence of getting these shitbirds out and the organization becoming stronger, but I'm not holding my breath, either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Someone needs to interview Oliver North.
    In June of last year, the NRA filed a lawsuit in New York against Oliver North, alleging “conduct harmful to the NRA”. At that time, North responded:

"North, in his response to the lawsuit, said he grew concerned about the NRA's spending on legal fees -- "hundreds of thousands of dollars in clothing, private jet travel, and other personal benefits" for LaPierre -- and other financial mismanagement that could jeopardize the NRA's nonprofit status."

Well... surprise surprise... a year later the NRA is in real jeopardy of losing their nonprofit status.

At the risk of repeating myself, the time for meaningful reform to avoid all this has long past. And there's nothing to indicate that LaPierre or controlling Board members have any intention of reform.

That's not to say that a few Board members haven't been screaming. Some have written scathing letters about the Board being a "cabal of cronyism" and refusing any internal investigation into alleged corruption and reckless spending among NRA leadership. Nevertheless, NRA leadership has been determined to stay the course to where they find themselves today.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I don't think there is any way that GOA could do what the NRA does either because go a puts out the itemized list of incidents they base their candidate ratings on. It would same to be a difficult sell to give a candidate and a rating while showing a list of incidents where the candidate did something anti-gun 40% of the time.

I also can't see GOA a telling its members that a person had been doing anti-gun activities for 10 years, but when that person decides to run for president flip-flopping and telling the same members they need to vote for the person for president because they will mystically appoint judges that will go against everything they have done in their career prior to that date
    I"m a GOA Member. Do both. But, the NRA is still the Prime Mover in our favor, that's really all I'm saying.

Feedback Score
    According to the legal expert, IF NY was able to make this all stick, they could seize NRA funds and "divert them to 'like-minded' or 'similar' organizations" which he said would then not be a stretch to say the NRA was all about gun safety and so is "Everytown for Gun Safety" and the like...Not that I think they/NY would be able to dissolve the NRA but if they got a judge on it that thinks like sotomayor or kagan or some other nutbag, liberal with an agenda driving their decisions, who knows? The bottom line is that this is next level, evil, dirty politics. And AGAIN, where do we draw the ****ing line and march, by the millions into these people's neighborhoods, trample their gated communities, spray paint our political messages, demand our agenda be pushed or else...??
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    In June of last year, the NRA filed a lawsuit in New York against Oliver North, alleging “conduct harmful to the NRA”. At that time, North responded:

"North, in his response to the lawsuit, said he grew concerned about the NRA's spending on legal fees -- "hundreds of thousands of dollars in clothing, private jet travel, and other personal benefits" for LaPierre -- and other financial mismanagement that could jeopardize the NRA's nonprofit status."

Well... surprise surprise... a year later the NRA is in real jeopardy of losing their nonprofit status.

At the risk of repeating myself, the time for meaningful reform to avoid all this has long past. And there's nothing to indicate that LaPierre or controlling Board members have any intention of reform.

That's not to say that a few Board members haven't been screaming. Some have written scathing letters about the Board being a "cabal of cronyism" and refusing any internal investigation into alleged corruption and reckless spending among NRA leadership. Nevertheless, NRA leadership has been determined to stay the course to where they find themselves today.
    With all the dirty laundry that has aired, it should be easy to vote in a new board and fire Wayne if that's really what everyone wants to do. Only a small number of members actually vote. SO...Who is organizing the REVOLT? If you want to do something, THAT, MIGHT ACTUALLY BE PRODUCTIVE.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast