Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Attorney General Suing the NRA, four members in particular

Feedback Score

NY Attorney General Suing the NRA, four members in particular

Now this is an interesting and disgusting development considering all the corruption in so many corporations and the government itself, to single out the NRA. Not a stretch to say it's no coincidence that they're basically a conservative organization.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...dcc_story.html

"The chief executive of the National Rifle Association and several top lieutenants engaged in a decades-long pattern of fraud to raid the coffers of the powerful gun rights group for personal gain, according to a lawsuit filed Thursday by the New York attorney general, draining $64 million from the nonprofit in just three years."
    Last edited by rocsteady; 08-06-20 at 10:50.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Not just suing. Suing with the intent to get it dissolved.

https://twitter.com/NewYorkStateAG/s...97976200548353

I filed a lawsuit to dissolve the National Rifle Association for years of self-dealing and illegal conduct.

The @NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse.

No organization is above the law.
    We are seeking to dissolve the NRA for years of self-dealing and illegal conduct that violate New York’s charities laws and undermine its own mission.

The NRA diverted millions of dollars away from its charitable mission for personal use by senior leadership.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    and there's that (dissolving the NRA entirely)...
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Not just suing. Suing with the intent to get it dissolved.

https://twitter.com/NewYorkStateAG/s...97976200548353
    The NRA is based in VA, not NY. Where does the NY attorney general have jurisdiction?

This is not a shot across the bow, this is a tactical nuke inbound. If the NRA is taken down, the left will have free reign to take everything to include the Fudd guns. The GOA is awesome, but lacks the clout.
    Last edited by Det-Sog; 08-06-20 at 12:11.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    So my question is, if the leadership has been living large and dipping into the sugar bowl that is criminal behavior. Fill criminal charges, arrest the thieves and have a perp walk.

But to sue civilly, with one of the goals being to dissolve the NRA.

I call BS, on pure motives.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    So my question is, if the leadership has been living large and dipping into the sugar bowl that is criminal behavior. Fill criminal charges, arrest the thieves and have a perp walk.

Agree in principle, but also it's nice to see they are being overt about it.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    While I appreciate the New York Attorney General looking out for me I really don’t want or need his help.

With that said the NRA is a joke. Maybe if it is dissolved GOA Will fill that void and take note to not misuse funds.Either way I could really care less, they will not be getting another dime for me.
    Last edited by Vic79; 08-06-20 at 12:00.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post

I was thinking the same thing. How do you, pretty much, embezzel $64M and not have it be criminal? CEOs of corporations are doing hard time for what they are being accused of.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Until about 10 years ago-I was an off/on member since late 70's.
    Really believed in the organization..met Wayne..did a couple NRA Shows, ect. Donated a decent amount, wrote actual letters back in the day.
    It was NEVER enough...MO' MONEY...MO' MONEY MO" MONEY is all I ever heard. ALWAYS an "imminent threat" somewhere.
    Got fed up and finally had enough. Other than being a feather in the lib/dem/media cap...I dont care if they get sued out of existence today.
    They got some 'splainin to do in my opinion.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    **** the NRA. Let it burn.

GOA for the win.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast