Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: NY Attorney General Suing the NRA, four members in particular

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I"m a GOA Member. Do both. But, the NRA is still the Prime Mover in our favor, that's really all I'm saying.
    The NRA pumping 40% of the take into anti 2nd Amendment actions along with 10% in to pro 2nd actions and the paltry amount GOA puts in equals a loss. Fact.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With all the dirty laundry that has aired, it should be easy to vote in a new board and fire Wayne if that's really what everyone wants to do. Only a small number of members actually vote. SO...Who is organizing the REVOLT? If you want to do something, THAT, MIGHT ACTUALLY BE PRODUCTIVE.
    Isn't that what happened last year except for the actually changing anything part?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Isn't that what happened last year except for the actually changing anything part?
    They tried. It was an Ad Hoc effort at the last minute before voting was to take place. Someone needs to organize a real, concerted, serious, revolt....North, Potterfield etc...Guys with the money, name, clout etc....Establish a website, a real organization, dedicated to the effort...THAT has a good chance of working...You can't be surprised when a half assed attempt fails, yes, sometimes the Hail Mary hits, usually, not....

If it were me, here's what I would do-

Create a Website that lays out the issues. Publicize it. Find people that agree. Get them to volunteer as REFORM ADVISORS. Give them a little online training in the issues so they can actually speak intelligently and persuasively. Build a cadre of advisors in every state.

Then, have a Reform Adviser go to every gun club, in every state, that is a 100% NRA club, break it up by regions etc.... Go to their meetings, lobby their leadership. Explain to the members what the deal is. Get "captains" at each club who know the members personally, who have their own mailing lists of members they can send letters/emails to etc...The Reform Advisors can also set up booths at the Gunshows- most give free space to such endeavors, they can lobby the leadership and membership of the State Rifle Associations who also have mailing lists etc.......Have them get people to actually vote in the elections.

That should be MORE than enough votes to make a change and the "infrastructure" exists already to do it. All you would need are some Reform Advisers to go around and find sympathetic Club Leadership- and most are, they love their guns, their heritage or they wouldn't be dealing with all the bullshit that it takes to run a Gun Club- trust me, I know...and they hate what's going on but they don't know what to do, what they can do- they are leaderless.
    Last edited by Esq.; 08-07-20 at 11:38.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    With all the dirty laundry that has aired, it should be easy to vote in a new board and fire Wayne if that's really what everyone wants to do. Only a small number of members actually vote. SO...Who is organizing the REVOLT? If you want to do something, THAT, MIGHT ACTUALLY BE PRODUCTIVE.
    The NRA's Board, aka "cabal of cronyism", operates a nominating committee that selects most all new Board candidates for NRA membership to vote on. So... getting an infusion of reform blood isn't as easy as some might think. Like most folks, NRA members are busy with their lives and rely on integrity among the leadership within the organizations they support. When that fails, people generally vote with their feet and wallets rather than pitchforks.

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking maybe the NY AG should first find the $900 million that Comrade Deblasio's wife made "disappear" that was supposed to go to some fund that Giuliani started BEFORE pursuing more agenda driven targets, but that's just me
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    The NRA's Board, aka "cabal of cronyism", operates a nominating committee that selects most all new Board candidates for NRA membership to vote on. So... getting an infusion of reform blood isn't as easy as some might think. Like most folks, NRA members are busy with their lives and rely on integrity among the leadership within the organizations they support. When that fails, people generally vote with their feet and wallets rather than pitchforks.
    Which is why instead of pissing and moaning, someone who is SERIOUS about doing something, needs to pony up a few resources. I laid out a plan above. Is it perfect? HELL NO, I literally came up with it while writing it down! Is it better than bitching and moaning for Hope and Change or doing nothing? Yea, I would say so, a similar model worked for Appleseed nationally......It needs some money and organization. There are plenty of pissers and moaners who can then either put up or shut up and volunteer to reform.
    Last edited by Esq.; 08-07-20 at 11:59.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They tried. It was an Ad Hoc effort at the last minute before voting was to take place. Someone needs to organize a real, concerted, serious, revolt....North, Potterfield etc...Guys with the money, name, clout etc....Establish a website, a real organization, dedicated to the effort...THAT has a good chance of working...You can't be surprised when a half assed attempt fails, yes, sometimes the Hail Mary hits, usually, not....

If it were me, here's what I would do-

Create a Website that lays out the issues. Publicize it. Find people that agree. Get them to volunteer as REFORM ADVISORS. Give them a little online training in the issues so they can actually speak intelligently and persuasively. Build a cadre of advisors in every state.

Then, have a Reform Adviser go to every gun club, in every state, that is a 100% NRA club, break it up by regions etc.... Go to their meetings, lobby their leadership. Explain to the members what the deal is. Get "captains" at each club who know the members personally, who have their own mailing lists of members they can send letters/emails to etc...The Reform Advisors can also set up booths at the Gunshows- most give free space to such endeavors, they can lobby the leadership and membership of the State Rifle Associations who also have mailing lists etc.......Have them get people to actually vote in the elections.

That should be MORE than enough votes to make a change and the "infrastructure" exists already to do it. All you would need are some Reform Advisers to go around and find sympathetic Club Leadership- and most are, they love their guns, their heritage or they wouldn't be dealing with all the bullshit that it takes to run a Gun Club- trust me, I know...and they hate what's going on but they don't know what to do, what they can do- they are leaderless.
    The complaints about the NRA supporting anti 2A candidates/initiatives goes back to the 1990's at least. NRA members asking/encouraging/browbeating those who don't support that to put money in to the NRA goes back at least that far too. Members claiming getting John Doe on the board to fix the NRA anti 2A moves goes back at least that far.

Anyone elected to the board had to be aware that cleaning up the mess is a decades old wish so if it was ad hoc then the ad hoc was by choice.

Potterfield pumps loads of cash in to the NRA SO apparently he doesn't want anything changed.

North supported the semi auto ban so apparently he has no problems with anti 2nd Amendment moves and as such no reason to want them changed either.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    The complaints about the NRA supporting anti 2A candidates/initiatives goes back to the 1990's at least. NRA members asking/encouraging/browbeating those who don't support that to put money in to the NRA goes back at least that far too. Members claiming getting John Doe on the board to fix the NRA anti 2A moves goes back at least that far.

Anyone elected to the board had to be aware that cleaning up the mess is a decades old wish so if it was ad hoc then the ad hoc was by choice.

Potterfield pumps loads of cash in to the NRA SO apparently he doesn't want anything changed.

North supported the semi auto ban so apparently he has no problems with anti 2nd Amendment moves and as such no reason to want them changed either.
    Then I guess we are fooked. I'll take my marbles and go home now.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Which is why instead of pissing and moaning, someone who is SERIOUS about doing something, needs to pony up a few resources. I laid out a plan above. Is it perfect? HELL NO, I literally came up with it while writing it down! Is it better than bitching and moaning for Hope and Change or doing nothing? Yea, I would say so, a similar model worked for Appleseed nationally......It needs some money and organization. There are plenty of pissers and moaners who can then either put up or shut up and volunteer to reform.
    Sometimes the old, crumbling edifices must be demolished, so something new and useful can be erected in their place. At this point I have given up on the NRA, because they've done nothing but give up on me for decades. All the money, voting and complaints fell on deaf ears, so I lost hope.

If someone with billionaire money and major clout in the firearms industry wants to take on the project of renovating the NRA from the ground up and without any participation from Wayne LaPierre and anyone he's ever associated with, more power to them. That ain't me and I'm not supporting LaPierre's suit budget with one more dime.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Where can the bizarre claim that 40 percent of the NRA take is directed toward anti 2A causes be substantiated?

Sounds more like someone foaming at the mouth, truthfully. Rather seems s like someone convincing themselves the NRA was the worst thing that ever happened to gun ownership ever.

Perspective much?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast