Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sionics barrels-nitride?

Feedback Score

Sionics barrels-nitride?

Have been trying to hunt down another Sionics barrel for a build. They just opened their website up to the public, but no stock.

I have been checking primary arms as well and see one in stock but it is nitride, not chrome. Does anyone know if they made a change, or added these to their lineup? I prefer chrome and the description for the barrel still is chrome lined on Sionics website. I emailed pa to ask if the description was correct and the guy said he confirmed it was

https://www.primaryarms.com/sionics-...l-nitride-16in

I would just but a complete upper from them but prices have went up a good bit for an upper without bcg. From like $540 to $689. Not complaining, I know the current situation, but I have an upper receiver to build on and don't want to spend that much when I already have a build planned

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    That is news to me, I have bought several barrels and uppers from SIONICS and they are all chrome lined. If they do I hope it an add and not a replacement. One of the reasons I've bought so many from them is because of the CL.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I wonder if it's not "new old stock". For a while the company offered both options. Everything I've ever used from them has been good to go.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It does have a different # 16-LW-S-N vs. 16-LW-S.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    That is news to me, I have bought several barrels and uppers from SIONICS and they are all chrome lined. If they do I hope it an add and not a replacement. One of the reasons I've bought so many from them is because of the CL.
    Me too. I know they had an 18 nitride, but it was more of a spr stainless barrel. I love their barrels, hopefully they continue to offer chrome lined

I will email them directly and see if I get a reply, wanted to confirm the description on PA was correct before I bothered them as they are probably slammed
    Last edited by everready73; 08-06-20 at 19:27.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Me too. I know they had an 18 nitride, but it was more of a spr stainless barrel. I love their barrels, hopefully they continue to offer chrome lined

I will email them directly and see if I get a reply, wanted to confirm the description on PA was correct before I bothered them as they are probably slammed
    Yes, I the 18" was as you said the only one nitride one I recall.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I wonder if it's not "new old stock". For a while the company offered both options. Everything I've ever used from them has been good to go.
    This. They used to have a LOT of really good options, including choice of either Nitride or Chrome Lined barrels. Then they killed nearly all of them.

Feedback Score
    If its Nitride its not old stock. That means they had barrels made specifically with a nitride finish. Sionics hasnt had nitride barrels in stock in the stop since 2016
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Have been trying to hunt down another Sionics barrel for a build. They just opened their website up to the public, but no stock.

I have been checking primary arms as well and see one in stock but it is nitride, not chrome. Does anyone know if they made a change, or added these to their lineup? I prefer chrome and the description for the barrel still is chrome lined on Sionics website. I emailed pa to ask if the description was correct and the guy said he confirmed it was

https://www.primaryarms.com/sionics-...l-nitride-16in

I would just but a complete upper from them but prices have went up a good bit for an upper without bcg. From like $540 to $689. Not complaining, I know the current situation, but I have an upper receiver to build on and don't want to spend that much when I already have a build planned
    I just wanted to correct this on the upper pricing. I had mbus pros added to the upper as well as a charging handle and didn't realize it. Price is still a very reasonable $539, not $689.

Feedback Score
    Greetings.

Due to Market Demand and Multiple Requests, we have brought back the Nitride Barrels to our Barrel Lineup.

Moving forward, we will offer both Chrome-Lined and Nitrided 16" Barrels.

On another note, in the next week or so, we will be releasing our new series of DMR Rifles that feature German Stainless Steel Barrels. We have sent Demo DMR Rifles to some of of the LE Agencies we work with and our Pro Staff and have received Excellent Reviews. We will be happy to share some photographs in the near future.

As always, please do NOT hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions. Our Office Number is 520-396-3460.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast