Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real NATO - the 80’s called and want their CETME-LC back

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Basically lasted as long as the Krag-Jørgensen did in US service.

(Should note that the gun in the video is an HMG gun and not a MarColMar.)
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Didn't the actual Spanish guns have more than a few design flaws that resulted in lots of failures?
    The Cetme L was designed from the ground up to function in 5.56 with STANAG type magazines. If you read about it, you get a strong impression it was the victim of bureaucratic penny pinching causing the factory to cut way too many corners after the initial batch. Some evidence for this is that the first run of guns appear to have had no issues. Subsequent guns issued to the Spanish Army had instantly apparent function and feeding problems, some of which led to the creation and issue of special proprietary Cetme L magazines to attempt (unsuccessfully) to address the issues. Some more evidence for this is that Marcolmar's guns seem to run very well with only some minor dimensional changes to the receiver (that make it function better with a wide array of AR15 magazines), US made barrels, AR15 magazines, and US made springs.

People here in the US that built Cetme L parts kits using US made receivers and barrels, from sources other than Marcolmar, reported many issues with original Spanish made recoil and hammer springs.

The Cetme L appears to be a good design that was poorly executed by the factory at Santa Barbara, probably due to a starvation ration budget. The US made guns from Marcolmar seem to support that conclusion.
    Last edited by Aries144; 08-09-20 at 19:19. Reason: Can't remember the unit that got the first batch of Cetme L's

Feedback Score
    Shot about 150 rounds through it Saturday and only problem we had was one stovepipe. Used 55 and 62 grain in both Cetme and okay mags

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 96 SS View Post
    Shot about 150 rounds through it Saturday and only problem we had was one stovepipe. Used 55 and 62 grain in both Cetme and okay mags
    Ammo used?

Feedback Score
    I believe it was S&B 55 and some home brew 62. I’ll check when I get back to the boxes later tonight

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Looks like the MCM guns are significantly nicer than the HMG guns...

...and likely better than the OG CETME-Ls they're both built from.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Oh yeah. They're BOTH better than the OG guns.

The original guns were victims of bad manufacturing and materials (especially the springs). There's every indication the design is sound.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post

The Cetme L appears to be a good design that was poorly executed by the factory at Santa Barbara, probably due to a starvation ration budget. The US made guns from Marcolmar seem to support that conclusion.
    An aside, but Santa Barbara surplus 5.56 is the only kind I've ever had problems with.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That’s pretty sharp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12