Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marking cam pins?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Well, for the same price you can get three cam pins from Del-ton or two from BCM. In fact you can get a whole bolt for $45.00 from Del ton which would be about the cost of two of these marked cam pins plus shipping. If making with a sharpie actually works, what is the issue in doing that?
    I don't see anything in my post that reflects any issues at all. I simply commented that I felt the price is not out of line. That is my opinion on most, if not all, of the FCD parts (which I don't have many of). They offer a better mousetrap at a reasonably price increase. If you don't agree, don't buy from them, it's pretty simple.

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Clandestine and Duffy - thanks for the info and your courtesy in sharing.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is a technical thread in a technical subforum. If your contribution doesn't offer something toward that end, post it elsewhere.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    NP3 SCP will always be hard to find because we piggyback with SIONICS schedule to send stuff to Robar for coating. At the time it was expedient, and we didn't expect to sell many SCPs.

NP3 SCPs for your NP3 coated BCGs, nitride for your phosphated or nitrided BCGs. You can do it yourself, just remember to refinish it so the spot you carved on the cam pin won't rust.
    Roger, I like your stuff...so I bought a few NP3. Seems like a well thought out idea. I don't have NP3 bolts just phosphates and a nitride one...any issues with using the NP3 ones in the phosphate BCG? Or I could buy some NP3 bolts...lol

I also thought Robar was closing or something along those lines?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think Chad's knowledge and experience along with Roger Wang's reputation are deserving of respect instead of just being dismissed and ranting about shooting dirt clods in the desert for 30 years.

I too kinda scoffed at the idea until listening to the explanation by Chad and Roger and why it could be beneficial. Neither of them have said it's mandatory, and Roger even said if you want to mark your own instead of buying his that's okay too. I've been at this for more than 20 years and the more time passes the more I realize how much I don't know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Nevermind. I'm not here to argue.
    So are the loads on the cam pin not evenly distributed? This is what leads to uneven wear?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    WHY, until this thread, has nobody NOWHERE ever said ANYTHING anywhere about this being an issue?
    Im several decades into the AR, first Ive heard of it. Has this been reported as an issue ANYWHERE else?
    Im ASKING..not denying..hell I dont know.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    WHY, until this thread, has nobody NOWHERE ever said ANYTHING anywhere about this being an issue?
    Im several decades into the AR, first Ive heard of it. Has this been reported as an issue ANYWHERE else?
    Im ASKING..not denying..hell I dont know.
    I think it's because the understanding of the weapon has evolved over time. Just like inventors such as Jim Sullivan have made improvements over the years.
    The more that is learned and the more data that gets examined, helps to understand better what's going on. Does it matter to 95% of people ? Probably not.
    Some people are just into the science, pretty much that way with anything really.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    For what it's worth, the subject of cam pin wear comes up with boring regularity.

This thread discussed cam pin wear, bolt breakage, and marking cam pins to install them in the same direction each time: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...o-bolt-failure

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 08-09-20 at 12:58.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No issues with NP3 cam pins in phosphated BCGs We'll have a bunch of nitrided SCPs in 3 weeks.
    Robar's retail facing operation closed, but not the industry side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Roger, I like your stuff...so I bought a few NP3. Seems like a well thought out idea. I don't have NP3 bolts just phosphates and a nitride one...any issues with using the NP3 ones in the phosphate BCG? Or I could buy some NP3 bolts...lol

I also thought Robar was closing or something along those lines?
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast