Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Copy of trust ppw and tax stamp, how do you carry it? How large is your printed copy?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    No.

In my state, NFA items are illegal unless properly registered with the federal government. Mine are properly registered. Thus, they are legal. That's it. That is where the statute ends. There is no requirement in my state, or federally, for me to carry around any sort of proof or paperwork that they are registered.

I know this might shock the generally risk averse NFA crowd, but I don't even bring paperwork with me when I travel. If the BATFE or local LEOs are examining my firearms enough that they are demanding to see a tax stamp, I probably have big problems and me sending my buddy a text asking him to go to my house and snap a pic of my tax stamps isn't really one of them.
    This, I don’t know how many stamps I even have. When I first got my MGs I did carry those stamps around, I don’t even do that anymore. Nobody asks, I have been kicked out of lame indoor ranges for shooting my MGs (safely, not shooting the ceiling, floor or walls, in case this was in question), but I simply avoid those ranges now.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The only gun I might carry papers on would be a machine gun if I were shooting it on public land. Machine gun fire draws attention, both good and bad.

In AZ, nobody cares about SBRs and Suppressors. Almost everyone has them, they're no big deal at all.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    My stamps live in my safe. No one has any business asking about them. Those who's business it is can look it up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by feedramp View Post
    Is there a regulation to follow, one dictating the size of the copy of the trust paperwork?
    Does it have to be full letter-size paper printout or can you shrink it to fit multiple pages per sheet of paper to conserve space, provided it is still legible?

Does it need to be the full trust document or just a copy of the general provisions laying out the name, successors, and the signed/notarized page at the end?

I did read that the tax stamp serves as proof that the NFA item is in the trust and approved, along with the engraving on the item, so no Inventory sheet is needed.
    Not clear on the details regarding the trust paperwork that has to be kept with the tax stamped item at all times.

Thanks in advance.
    Considering that in the age of the internet that there are statistically zero accounts of the ATF spot checking ranges for individuals paperwork, I do not bother bringing copies of paperwork to the range. Now I will say with a caveat, that it is the shooters responsibility to know the area where they are going to be shooting and if a local jurisdiction has a hard on for your paperwork its not a bad idea to keep a copy handy. For example, if I lived in NJ or NY. Even in Maryland outside of Baltimore at public ranges, NFA stuff is common and zero ****s are given.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I don't bring a copy of my stamps or my trust anywhere.
    Me neither

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    When I got my first few I had a laminated copy in my range bag. Now all of mine are in the safe. The most recent ones are in my email because they never mailed me a copIt’s. I’ve never been asked. It’s none of their business. I’m sure ATF could check if necessary.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'm not sure about what sort of documentation is or isn't required from a legal standpoint, but I keep copies of my Form 1's and Form 4's on my phone just to avoid hassle from those in law enforcement officers who are ignorant of federal laws and regulations. I shoot my machineguns on my property. If a neighbor was to call the police, I want to be able to show the officer that I have the required legal documentation. If I have nothing, then I'd be depending on them taking my word which they might not. By having the required legal documentation, I can also request that the officer talks to the caller and tells them that I have met all the legal requirements for what I have and what I'm doing.
    Most cops when it gets to that point aren’t going to take your word for it anyway. You’re gonna need the ATF to sign off on saying it’s legit just like cops make sure your registration/license is real.

Do you know how easy it is to fake a Form 1/4? You can Photoshop anything these days. Even put DJT’s signature on it lol

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Not only do I bring the original copies, backup copies, and backup copies of the backup copies, I read the information contained on them aloud via a bullhorn prior to commencing shooting anytime others are present. I do so in a British accent and start off with "If it pleases the crown..."

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Not only do I bring the original copies, backup copies, and backup copies of the backup copies, I read the information contained on them aloud via a bullhorn prior to commencing shooting anytime others are present. I do so in a British accent and start off with "If it pleases the crown..."
    This guy is the best M4C’er

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Oh come on... do you know how hard it is to get a replacement laptop from work these days? I almost did a spit take reading that.

Well done sir.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast