Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Copy of trust ppw and tax stamp, how do you carry it? How large is your printed copy?

Feedback Score

Copy of trust ppw and tax stamp, how do you carry it? How large is your printed copy?

Is there a regulation to follow, one dictating the size of the copy of the trust paperwork?
    Does it have to be full letter-size paper printout or can you shrink it to fit multiple pages per sheet of paper to conserve space, provided it is still legible?

Does it need to be the full trust document or just a copy of the general provisions laying out the name, successors, and the signed/notarized page at the end?

I did read that the tax stamp serves as proof that the NFA item is in the trust and approved, along with the engraving on the item, so no Inventory sheet is needed.
    Not clear on the details regarding the trust paperwork that has to be kept with the tax stamped item at all times.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I have all of mine scanned and stored in multiple locations, including online storage that I can access anywhere with an internet connection.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I don't bring a copy of my stamps or my trust anywhere.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    I have pics on my phone. The only time I ever needed it was going to a range that stated they want to see it for MG up front.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Isn't the requirement is to always have it with the item, especially when leaving the house with it? Would love to know more about the legal requirements around this, if they exist. I'd like to not have to print out physical copies to haul around with each item if that's not necessary. Specifically Form 1 items, but also Form 4 if that differs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I have pics on my phone.
    This is what I do as well.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by feedramp View Post
    Isn't the requirement is to always have it with the item, especially when leaving the house with it? Would love to know more about the legal requirements around this, if they exist. I'd like to not have to print out physical copies to haul around with each item if that's not necessary. Specifically Form 1 items, but also Form 4 if that differs.
    Yes, and no. You can be asked by Law Enforcement to provide proof of your suppressor or SBR stamp. Or you can say that is not their business, and if they want to see they can have a federal agent contact you. They can hold you for this though.

I went to fedex, made copies of all of them. Shrunk them down to smaller sizes, laminated them. I keep them in my wallet, as well as in the grips of the guns that need them.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I print 4 per page, and laminate them. Cut them apart into sort of index card size. You can put a hole punch and keep them on a keyring in your bag (s)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    This. I feel like we're on ARFcom lately.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    I print 4 per page, and laminate them. Cut them apart into sort of index card size. You can put a hole punch and keep them on a keyring in your bag (s)
    Man, that is a good idea as well.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast