Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
No.

In my state, NFA items are illegal unless properly registered with the federal government. Mine are properly registered. Thus, they are legal. That's it. That is where the statute ends. There is no requirement in my state, or federally, for me to carry around any sort of proof or paperwork that they are registered.

I know this might shock the generally risk averse NFA crowd, but I don't even bring paperwork with me when I travel. If the BATFE or local LEOs are examining my firearms enough that they are demanding to see a tax stamp, I probably have big problems and me sending my buddy a text asking him to go to my house and snap a pic of my tax stamps isn't really one of them.
This, I don’t know how many stamps I even have. When I first got my MGs I did carry those stamps around, I don’t even do that anymore. Nobody asks, I have been kicked out of lame indoor ranges for shooting my MGs (safely, not shooting the ceiling, floor or walls, in case this was in question), but I simply avoid those ranges now.