Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gen 5 Glock 17 Concealed Carry Holster Options

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I love JM Custom Kydex holsters, but they do wear the finish. For leather my choice was always Milt Sparks VM2. Very comfy to say the least.

Unfortunately, if to carry regularly and more importantly train regularly out if the holster, even the leather will wear your finish. Not as fast as kydex, but it will wear eventually.

Even on my kydex rigs the majority of the holster wear is focused around the nose. If your customizations are higher up on the slide it may not really be an issue. Id still go leather though just in case since it seems the customizations are important to you.

Feedback Score
    I have been using crossbreed holsters for a while now. Great products.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Holster wear on a "working gun" is not detriment, it is a badge of honor.

Feedback Score
    Want the best look no further than Tenicor Holsters. Shooters in the know, know!

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I agree with what most others have said about the wear on the firearm, however:

The Vanguard from Raven Concealment would minimize wear from the holster but you will still get some wear from your clothes.

Also there was a holster, OTW, that Dave Spaulding designed a while ago that specifically made the kydex large enough to not touch the handgun in order to preserve the finish. Don't remember who made it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123