Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RUMOR:: KAC DISCONTINUING SR-15 LOWER RECEIVER ??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    LWRC, Radian, ADM, and MVB are completely ambi lowers that I can think of, LWRC and MVB being forged, ADM and MVB being in stock that I know of.
    Add Battle Arms Development to the ambi list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Add Battle Arms Development to the ambi list.
    I didn't include BAD because it's not full ambi, as it lacks a right side bolt lock; if you're okay with missing that, a lot more options open up.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I didn't include BAD because it's not full ambi, as it lacks a right side bolt lock; if you're okay with missing that, a lot more options open up.
    Huh, my apologies then. Could you tell me what the latch above the magazine release is for on their 'ambi' lower?

Feedback Score
    Huh, my apologies then. Could you tell me what the latch above the magazine release is for on their 'ambi' lower?
    It's a bolt release, but not a bolt hold open.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    It's a bolt release, but not a bolt hold open.
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Thank you.
    Yep, bolt release, no bolt lock. I'm deeply biased because I love being able to lock open the bolt with my right hand trigger finger, because I've had to clear a lot of malfunctions while running away from the fuzz (Simunitions suck in rifles, always see if you can't get some UTMs), but one could slap on a BAD Lever and gain that capability, though obviously there are lots of detractors of it, and I'd never recommend it to anyone (I have AXTS AX556 lowers on all my AR-15s, and a MARS-H my SR-25 upper). Definitely a bit of a niche role, though, the vast majority of my uses are for administratively locking back the bolt easily, rather than any kind of malfunction clearance under the clock. Still, IMO a right side bolt lock is a lot more useful than a right side bolt release, since it's pretty easy to hit the left side bolt release after you reload, especially if you have one of the ones with a larger paddle.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 08-09-20 at 21:57.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster2412 View Post
    Heard a rumor today at a gun shop about KAC discontinuing the SR-15 lower receiver ? Anyone have knowledge of this ??
    Discontinued the TDP style "non-ambi" lowers.
    "Standard" KAC lowers are still in production, supply is just way behind demand.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Exactly. How can they call them SR lowers? I said it when they first started selling them... I cannot believe KAC did it. Whoring out the roll mark so Bubba could make believe he had a Knights rifle.
    Original SR-15's were TDP style, non-ambi. So we call them "SR-15" because that's what they are, just like a whole lot of original-issue SR-15s and 16s.
    We did it due to a large voice asking for original pattern SR-15 lowers to reproduce old-school KAC stuff, and for those that A: didn't care about ambi features, and B: didn't want to pay for the Ambi (E3) complete lowers.
    While the outcome of the project went awry, I have no qualms with the "why" of it.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yep, bolt release, no bolt lock. I'm deeply biased because I love being able to lock open the bolt with my right hand trigger finger, because I've had to clear a lot of malfunctions while running away from the fuzz (Simunitions suck in rifles, always see if you can't get some UTMs), but one could slap on a BAD Lever and gain that capability, though obviously there are lots of detractors of it, and I'd never recommend it to anyone (I have AXTS AX556 lowers on all my AR-15s, and a MARS-H my SR-25 upper). Definitely a bit of a niche role, though, the vast majority of my uses are for administratively locking back the bolt easily, rather than any kind of malfunction clearance under the clock. Still, IMO a right side bolt lock is a lot more useful than a right side bolt release, since it's pretty easy to hit the left side bolt release after you reload, especially if you have one of the ones with a larger paddle.
    Thank you as well, and I apologize if I came across as going for a 'Gotcha' moment, I was truly confused (a bit too easily) as to WTH the lever was for then.

Feedback Score
    Thank you as well, and I apologize if I came across as going for a 'Gotcha' moment, I was truly confused (a bit too easily) as to WTH the lever was for then.
    Not at all, it's just that far too often I see people forget that most ambi lowers lack a right side bolt lock (and there are a few marketed as such that don't even have a left side magazine release).
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 08-10-20 at 01:15.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12