Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Retention Holster

Feedback Score

Glock 19 Retention Holster

Looking for a G19 Retention Holster that will work with this war belt: https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/33DG0-33DG0.html

I want to mount the holster directly to the belt. No drop leg stuff.

Also want it fairly snug to the belt/body.

Thanks!
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Safariland ALS, 637X. Fast and secure with a myriad of available mounting options. The real question is "which mounting system for this belt". Will you run a 1.75" or 1.5" inner belt? Either way, there is a Safariland belt loop (UBL) for it, you just have to decide low, mid, or high ride.

If you need a duty retention holster instead of a secure open carry solution, the 637X series is not for you.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 08-08-20 at 13:20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Safariland ALS, 637X. Fast and secure with a myriad of available mounting options. The real question is "which mounting system for this belt". Will you run a 1.75" or 1.5" inner belt? Either way, there is a Safariland belt loop (UBL) for it, you just have to decide low, mid, or high ride.

If you need a duty retention holster instead of a secure open carry solution, the 637X series is not for you.

Andy
    The High Speed Gear Belt is a Battle Belt so a duty or tactical holster is what I'm looking for.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Safariland 636X or 736X are level III retention holsters, same availability of mounting solutions.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Ditto on the Safariland options. Are you going to be wearing body armor? They make mid length and low ride holster options. I’m not a huge drop rig fan but I do like the low ride holster option. I run the low ride version with a strap to keep it tight to my leg. Works well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    The High Speed Gear Belt is a Battle Belt so a duty or tactical holster is what I'm looking for.
    That doesn't really answer the question. I think the point is, are you looking for a holster where the retention is used primarily to keep the gun locked in the holster during movement, or is the retention also going to be needed to prevent against gun grabs? Military holsters are often the former, LE holster generally the latter. The more retention devices on the holster, generally the more secure it will be, and also the slower the draw.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 08-08-20 at 18:05.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Safariland ALS is the gold standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    That doesn't really answer the question. I think the point is, are you looking for a holster where the retention is used primarily to keep the gun locked in the holster during movement, or is the retention also going to be needed to prevent against gun grabs? Military holsters are often the former, LE holster generally the latter. The more retention devices on the holster, generally the more secure it will be, and also the slower the draw.
    Retention primarily for movement. I really don't want a low ride holster with a strap and prefer a snug, direct attachment to the battle belt.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Safariland 6390
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    As others said, Safariland ALS and Safariland 745BL-2 Belt Clip For Duty Holsters
    Last edited by P2Vaircrewman; 08-09-20 at 09:45.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast