Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon sues Holosun (patent infringement)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    That's a disingenuous argument. There are no cell phones manufactured in the USA. In addition it's not something you buy to just do one task and never have a need to advance. Your Aimpoint T2 will be an excellent useful product in twenty years. Your cell phone will most likely not be compatible with current technology in ten years.
    You are rebutting what you call a disingenuous argument with a disingenuous argument. The T2 or any other RDS for that matter doesn't have software updates, apps, or cell technology that it has to integrate with. It having to be updated has nothing to do with the quality of the device. An RDS doesn't have to deal with changes at all. The light spectrum and what we see can see with our eyes remain constant. Apples and oranges.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Weird. It reads more like salty boomer fudds upset at the new family on the corner lot throwing keggers and chicks skinny dipping in the pool in the side yard in full view of their wives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It only reads like that if you're trying to convince yourself that you're not siding with a country that has risen to dominance through stolen intellectual property and slave labor including children.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Trijicon's suit is weak at best. Yet they are not pursuing Vortex, Burress, Doctor optics, Crimson trace or ANYONE else making MRDS's that look close to their RMR's. Trijicon recently moved their credo line offshore, but no one is talking about that for some reason,

Hopefully Dr Optics sues Trijicon for essentially claiming they invented the MRDS

Exactly. Holosun is hitting them the hardest, and Trijicon is scrambling.

You are right, I read that incorrectly when I first heard about this lawsuit. I was wrong.
    Here is the PDF of Trijicon's claims;
    http://<b>https://insight.rpxcorp.co...s/13872800</b>

Your iPhone was made by Chinese slave labor. People in glass houses, shouldn't throw shit or something like that
    That is the vaguest filing they could've possibly entered. It doesn't specifically reference ANYTHING except "the 541 patent". OK, what exactly does the "541 patent" protect?

That's a disingenuous argument. There are no cell phones manufactured in the USA. In addition it's not something you buy to just do one task and never have a need to advance. Your Aimpoint T2 will be an excellent useful product in twenty years. Your cell phone will most likely not be compatible with current technology in ten years.
    EDIT: Motorola WAS owned by Google and manufacturing the Moto X in the US, but it's since been sold to Lenovo and now manufacutures in China.

The gist of your argument is that no one should use any cell phone except a Motorola, because it's the only US owned and domestic manufactured phone. Likewise Trijicon is the only US owned and domestic manufactured MRDS, so we should accept it's limitations in spite of a better product being available. You're not factoring in the fact that without competition, the current Motorola product would look like this:

Last edited by glocktogo; 08-11-20 at 10:57.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    I’m aware it was. All smart phones are. But at the very minimum, Apple isn’t owned by the Chinese government.

Were there an alternative not made in communist China, I’d purchase from another source.

Samsung has phones manufactured in Vietnam and S Korea, and stopped Chinese production in 2019. There are other options.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are there any Chinese RDSs that aren't pieces of crap though?

There seems to be a large unfilled void between a $100 Vortex Crossfire and a $700 Aimpoint T2 in terms of build quality and durability. You either buy a disposable Chinese dot that you know will fail or pony up for an Aimpoint that is high quality.

I would think there would be a market for Vortex or whoever to bring a $3-400 micro RDS to market that is demonstrably as good as, or better than, an Aimpoint micro, even if it is China made.

I don't mean neat "features" like shake awake and solar panels.

Maybe Chinese manufacturing processes just plain can't churn out a quality product. Even a $900 iPhone is ultimately a disposable piece of junk, so maybe all the money in the world can't create Chinese quality.
    Have you tried a HS or PA microdot recently or are you just going off old stygma?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Samsung has phones manufactured in Vietnam and S Korea, and stopped Chinese production in 2019. There are other options.
    Disregard, updated information above.
    Last edited by glocktogo; 08-11-20 at 10:58. Reason: Corrected information
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    You are rebutting what you call a disingenuous argument with a disingenuous argument. The T2 or any other RDS for that matter doesn't have software updates, apps, or cell technology that it has to integrate with. It having to be updated has nothing to do with the quality of the device. An RDS doesn't have to deal with changes at all. The light spectrum and what we see can see with our eyes remain constant. Apples and oranges.
    Yes. That’s exactly my point. Comparing cell phones and RDSs is silly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    I haven't seen anything in the lawsuit that's referencing the footprint.
    Well they better drag Primary Arms, and others into the fray too. Especially if that’s the merits of the BS Case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Weird. It reads more like salty boomer fudds upset at the new family on the corner lot throwing keggers and chicks skinny dipping in the pool in the side yard in full view of their wives.

All of that part!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Trijicon sues Holosun (patent infringement)

Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    It only reads like that if you're trying to convince yourself that you're not siding with a country that has risen to dominance through stolen intellectual property and slave labor including children.
    Yawn.

If North Korea made an optic and it made hits 100% on demand I’d buy it.

I’ll concede the rest of Holos lineup is iffy when you’re talking rifle red dots and what not but the Gen2 pistol optics are absolutely setting the bench mark for this application.

Last edited by jpmuscle; 08-11-20 at 10:58.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast