Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon sues Holosun (patent infringement)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Just a jealous heifer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Meanwhile, many here would trade their kidney for a Banned Chinese AK.

Them all: “It’s the moral of not being able to get the imports No-Mo! UhDuhhhhhh

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Samsung has phones manufactured in Vietnam and S Korea, and stopped Chinese production in 2019. There are other options.
    The last one I picked up said made in China. Perhaps it’s changed since I last shopped. I don’t know. But this phone is a sunk expenditure. Me throwing it in a junk drawer and buying a phone made in S Korea doesn’t help the situation. Last phone I purchased was 2017 and I won’t purchase additional phones for several more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    That is the vaguest filing they could've possibly entered. It doesn't specifically reference ANYTHING except "the 541 patent". OK, what exactly does the "541 patent" protect?

EDIT: Motorola WAS owned by Google and manufacturing the Moto X in the US, but it's since been sold to Lenovo and now manufacutures in China.

The gist of your argument is that no one should use any cell phone except a Motorola, because it's the only US owned and domestic manufactured phone. Likewise Trijicon is the only US owned and domestic manufactured MRDS, so we should accept it's limitations in spite of a better product being available. You're not factoring in the fact that without competition, the current Motorola product would look like this:

What about Leupold?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have you tried a HS or PA microdot recently or are you just going off old stygma?
    LOL we know that Holosun is certainly not disposable. That’s one reaching for air, as if it can be grabbed.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    What about Leupold?

Forgot about the DPP and I went to their website. It's tough to find but their Q&A says the DPP IS manufactured in Beaverton, OR.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Forgot about the DPP and I went to their website. It's tough to find but their Q&A says the DPP IS manufactured in Beaverton, OR.
    So there are the two American options. Either way this thread is a turd and nobody is getting anywhere with it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    So there are the two American options. Either way this thread is a turd and nobody is getting anywhere with it.

At least the DPP has a top load battery. Says it's waterproof and fogproof, but doesn't give any IPX ratings I could find? Are there any known issues with the current DPP? I'd certainly consider it but I just don't see much written about it.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    At least the DPP has a top load battery. Says it's waterproof and fogproof, but doesn't give any IPX ratings I could find? Are there any known issues with the current DPP? I'd certainly consider it but I just don't see much written about it.
    I have a DPP on a Zev slide, and I prefer it to my RMR's. Big, clear window, crisper dot, and top load battery are wins for me personally. My biggest concern with it is the durability issues I've read, but have yet to experience. I am coming up on 1k rounds through it.

I know it's a small sample size but I'm a fan so far.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    There's a US option, the Motorola. Is your current phone a Motorola?
    No, and I have not had good luck with Motorola phones in the past so I have avoided them for many years. When my current S Korea made Samsung needs replacing, I'll look into the US made Motorola options.

Have you tried a HS or PA microdot recently or are you just going off old stygma?
    I have, several actually. There was a time I thought a Horosun or Primary Arms dot was a good option on non serious use guns like my kids' M&P 15-22s and other fun guns that don't fill a defensive role, but I realized that was thinking like a poor and I decided to dump them. Luckily, with COVID having everything out of stock, there was no shortage of retards who were willing to pay near full price for used china dots instead of spending a little more for a MRO or used Aimpoint.

The shake awake didn't work out of the box on the last Holosun I bought. I didn't bother trying to get it fixed or replaced since it was on my daughter's M&P 15-22. We would just hit the button on top to turn the optic on when we went to use it. Knowing others who had problems with Holosuns and it taking a while to get sorted out, I figured trying to get it fixed or replaced was going to require more effort than I was willing to put into a $140 red dot. The mounts are also garbage. I realize it's a china dot that costs less than a week of groceries, but it's like they didn't even try to make a decent mount. The anodizing is also paper thin. After a few range trips and bumping against other guns in the safe, they would look as used as my 10+ year old T1 looks. The 403b, which was their cheapest dot at the time, also had something funky going on with the windage adjustment. Sometimes I would give it several clicks and get no movement of the dot, then BAM the dots way the hell over on the other side. All of these minor issues, which I admit are minor, reaffirmed my belief that these were a much more inferior product than people online would have you believe. The dots were pretty crisp, and the glass was nice and clear, definitely from the child slaves' little fingers polishing and cleaning it before it left the factory.

The PA dots worked fine and had good battery life, but the dots were bloomy, and not from astigmatism. If I were to use a china dot for anything, I'd probably use a PA china dot as they seemed to perform as advertised. Another bonus is they didn't have any shake awakes or solar panels like the Holosuns, which are only necessary when you want to claim 50,000 hours of battery life but your product isn't capable of coming close to that, and your consumers are smart enough to recognize that.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast