Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon sues Holosun (patent infringement)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    You see vilifying others over things they don’t understand. Others see vilifying others over not embracing design evolutions and performance.

Look, again the only Holo product I give a crap about are the pistol RDSs, I don’t even care about the solar, things like side loading battery, Ti housing (on the v2 stuff) closed emitter that doesn’t suck (509T [looking at you ACRO]) are way more important. Price is a wash since all this stuff can be had under $500 and if you actually shoot that’s small beans in ammo funds. So, I just want the best and most robust option out there, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly what I was talking about.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Stop taking one off examples and extremes from both sides to support your cause. RMR's are not $269...although I am glad you found that deal for yourself. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019256383

You keep putting words in my mouth to make your virtue signalling high and mighty. Please. Being made in China has nothing to do with why I would buy it. It is how much I am willing to pay for a certain product and what I feel is reasonable. Everybody has their own gauge on what that is for every product they buy. What you don't get to do is tell me what they are. So tell me, what is your alternate solution on getting a price I find fair for an RMR or T-2? I would like to hear what that is please.
    You can beat midway any day of the week if you shop around.

I put zero words in your mouth. You keep saying I am talking about where it’s made, but I’m talking about who it’s made by. There is a difference.

Alternatives to the T1/T2? Used. MROs, PROs. There are also some European and Japanese dots as well.

But the numbers don’t lie....it isn’t evil Trijicon and Aimpoint screwing you, it’s the manufacturing environment our leaders have created.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I just think it's weird, on this site specifically, to see guys getting upset that Trijicon and Aimpoint are unfair and make too much money on their products, then singing the old "just as good as" song about optics that, as far as we all know, are not as durable and reliable as the Trij/AP counterparts.

If you want to buy cheapo optics, go ahead. Just seems like a weird flex.
    Again, I never once said just as good as. The argument was always they have gotten close enough for their price point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    You see vilifying others over things they don’t understand. Others see vilifying others over not embracing design evolutions and performance.

Look, again the only Holo product I give a crap about are the pistol RDSs, I don’t even care about the solar, things like side loading battery, Ti housing (on the v2 stuff) closed emitter that doesn’t suck (509T [looking at you ACRO]) are way more important. Price is a wash since all this stuff can be had under $500 and if you actually shoot that’s small beans in ammo funds. So, I just want the best and most robust option out there, period.

I want the best option without enriching our enemies, period. We are at war with them in more ways than one.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Dude...seriously? I know you can't be that clueless.
    This whole discussion is patent infringement. In which Trijicons case is weak at best. This is fact. Like I mentioned before, there is no reason for the cost to be what it is on an RMR or a T-2. None. R&D was recovered a long time ago. They have been living high on the hog for awhile now and for some reason are still trying to do so at the cost of the consumer. I have no problems paying more for US or NATO, but giving the OK to these manufacturers to ass rape you in the name of US made or "not Chinese" is bullsh*t. You don't get to do that to me and many others here.

If you like the 12" dong in your keyster, no lube, with the made in USA sticker on it, have at it. No thanks.

To twist it into 'we like to support Communists" is stupid and almost childish to try and justify your willingness to get played. No, that isn't it at all. We just don't like getting buttf*cked, whoever it may be that is doing it. Writing letters to them about it will do nothing. Spending your money somewhere else is the only thing you can do to combat it and hopefully they respond with lower prices. That's how it works.
    It would appear that you are completely clueless to the difference in manufacturing costs in first world countries like the US and Sweden and third world child labor countries with basically zero regulation like China.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All you people bitching about supporting China. RDS and optics are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. The common things that is bought every day/week is where the real money is lining their pockets. Get over yourself - your hypocrisy is almost laughable. But hey, if you want to stand on one buoy in the middle of a Chinese ocean and scream USA...that's your right.

Feedback Score
    All you people bitching about supporting China. RDS and optics are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. The common things that is bought every day/week is where the real money is lining their pockets. Get over yourself - your hypocrisy is almost laughable. But hey, if you want to stand on one buoy in the middle of a Chinese ocean and scream USA...that's your right.
    Congratulations.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just see a big hole in the market that seems like it should be easily filled.

Vortex kind of did it with the UH1. Kind of an American made Chinese rip off of an EOTech but with better features and specs.

It would seem they could do the same with the pistol red dots and micro dots. Like an AMG version of the Crossfire RDS, and then an AMG copy of whatever Holosun pistol dot y'all are talking about.

I don't know jack about manufacturing but it would seem like a ripe market.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There is a lot of truth in this. Ask yourselves, How the Hell did we get here in the FIRST PLACE? Do you think Ma & Pa USA Lunch Pail sat down and said, "We need a new set of plastic cups Myrtle, we should buy Chinese ones"....Hell no!

A long train of Republican and Democrat politicians, business "leaders", financiers etc...have brought us to where we are. Yes, the individual purchasing decisions of Americans certainly affect this but you can't ignore that many of these decisions are made at a level WAY ABOVE YOUR PAY GRADE! Those micro decisions by consumers are shaped by MACRO decisions made by large and powerful entities that pick winners and losers..... It's not an accident.

Further, as most of you realize, the people making those decisions, don't consider themselves citizens of any one nation. Same for the companies they control. Gillette, an American staple, quintessentially an American company, right? I mean, GI's carried Gillette, Gov't issued shaving kits in the "big war"....Owned by Proctor and Gamble-- which has donated millions to leftist political institutions in this country....
    Last edited by Esq.; 08-12-20 at 11:01.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    It would appear that you are completely clueless to the difference in manufacturing costs in first world countries like the US and Sweden and third world child labor countries with basically zero regulation like China.
    So you are saying a T-2, which is a ruggedized tube of aluminum, coated optic glass, an led, a driver for the led, and a dial to adjust power to the led costs almost as much to make as a Samsung S10 with 5 freaking megapixel cameras, a processor, RAM, developed software, battery, audio capabilities, bluetooth, NFC, a touch sensitive glass screen, etc which is made in S Korea? Get real.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast