Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon sues Holosun (patent infringement)

Feedback Score

Trijicon sues Holosun (patent infringement)

Hey, a good idea is a good idea

"The suit is specifically pointed at two of Trijicon’s optics and the alleged violation of Holosun in producing optics that violate Trijicon’s patent. The Trijicon Ruggedized Miniature Reflex (RMR), which is a popular red dot optic usually found on pistols is referenced in the docket along with the newer Trijicon Specialized Reflex Optic (SRO) as being examples of how the Holosun Optics are infringing upon the patent."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-infringement/
    Last edited by Slater; 08-08-20 at 11:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post

"The suit is specifically pointed at two of Trijicon’s optics and the alleged violation of Holosun in producing optics that violate Trijicon’s patent. The Trijicon Ruggedized Miniature Reflex (RMR), which is a popular red dot optic usually found on pistols is referenced in the docket along with the newer Trijicon Specialized Reflex Optic (SRO) as being examples of how the Holosun Optics are infringing upon the patent."

Meh. Stop charging so much more for the same technology, and they would retain their share of the market. F’em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Trijicon sues Holosun (patent infringement)

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post

To add insult, they utilize the restrictive 2nd Amendment Commie Courts of CommiFornian to do their bidding.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Everybody copies everybody, but China never has. I care not about this suit, but I wish we stopped importing anything Chinese.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Everybody copies everybody, but China never has. I care not about this suit, but I wish we stopped importing anything Chinese.

PB
    But, but, Vortex, Primary Arms, US Optics...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Good. More US and first world companies should sue Chinese companies who steal designs and profit from slave labor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakedasnake View Post
    Meh. Stop charging so much more for the same technology, and they would retain their share of the market. F’em.

I guess you’re in favor of intellectual property theft by the Chinese then?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I guess you’re in favor of intellectual property theft by the Chinese then?
    What was stolen?

Looking at Trijicon's claims, it's flimsy at best.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's the common problem when you have no real competition for a long time plus government defense contracts and then all of a sudden you do have competition. That gravy train that those companies have been enjoying at the cost of consumers starts to go bye bye and the whole company can't deal with it due to upper management greed. Thu are used to a style of living and also call the shots, so they want to keep making what they are making.

The higher ups in management usually are making killer salaries and instead of taking pay cuts to those salaries and cutting product cost to become competitive, they would rather cut middle management , lower management and worker pay to make up for it. This then affects worker morale which is then eventually followed by product quality. It's a slow demise that you see time and time again. The auto industry is one example made even worse by the auto unions greed.

Adapt or die. It is the way.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 08-08-20 at 20:26.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    What was stolen?

Looking at Trijicon's claims, it's flimsy at best.
    I'm no patent lawyer, but it seems possible that a bunch of other companies beside Holosun might be suspect also. After trying to read Trij's 541 patent...I'm not sure what got stolen either.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast