Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon sues Holosun (patent infringement)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Yawn.

If North Korea made an optic and it made hits 100% on demand I’d buy it.

I’ll concede the rest of Holos lineup is iffy when you’re talking rifle red dots and what not but the Gen2 pistol optics are absolutely setting the bench mark for this application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You didn't need to tell us that you'd buy a North Korean optic, we already knew.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    No, and I have not had good luck with Motorola phones in the past so I have avoided them for many years. When my current S Korea made Samsung needs replacing, I'll look into the US made Motorola options.

I have, several actually. There was a time I thought a Horosun or Primary Arms dot was a good option on non serious use guns like my kids' M&P 15-22s and other fun guns that don't fill a defensive role, but I realized that was thinking like a poor and I decided to dump them. Luckily, with COVID having everything out of stock, there was no shortage of retards who were willing to pay near full price for used china dots instead of spending a little more for a MRO or used Aimpoint.

The shake awake didn't work out of the box on the last Holosun I bought. I didn't bother trying to get it fixed or replaced since it was on my daughter's M&P 15-22. We would just hit the button on top to turn the optic on when we went to use it. Knowing others who had problems with Holosuns and it taking a while to get sorted out, I figured trying to get it fixed or replaced was going to require more effort than I was willing to put into a $140 red dot. The mounts are also garbage. I realize it's a china dot that costs less than a week of groceries, but it's like they didn't even try to make a decent mount. The anodizing is also paper thin. After a few range trips and bumping against other guns in the safe, they would look as used as my 10+ year old T1 looks. The 403b, which was their cheapest dot at the time, also had something funky going on with the windage adjustment. Sometimes I would give it several clicks and get no movement of the dot, then BAM the dots way the hell over on the other side. All of these minor issues, which I admit are minor, reaffirmed my belief that these were a much more inferior product than people online would have you believe. The dots were pretty crisp, and the glass was nice and clear, definitely from the child slaves' little fingers polishing and cleaning it before it left the factory.

The PA dots worked fine and had good battery life, but the dots were bloomy, and not from astigmatism. If I were to use a china dot for anything, I'd probably use a PA china dot as they seemed to perform as advertised. Another bonus is they didn't have any shake awakes or solar panels like the Holosuns, which are only necessary when you want to claim 50,000 hours of battery life but your product isn't capable of coming close to that, and your consumers are smart enough to recognize that.
    I am pretty sure the claim is 50,000 hours on a specific setting just like Aimpoint. Shake awake has nothing to do with it. It is just a bonus. As far as bitching about the free mount that sucks. Get a real mount like you do with an Aimpoint. They use the same mounts. If ordering a PA, you can usually just upgrade the mount for a discount on the order page.

As far as warranty. I don't think there will be a better company to deal with then PA for warranty.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 08-11-20 at 12:09.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    So now if you have a smart phone you’re a communist???? Really.?.?.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I am pretty sure the claim is 50,000 hours on a specific setting just like Aimpoint. Shake awake has nothing to do with it. It is just a bonus.
    You and I clearly have different ideas about what constitutes a bonus.

As far as bitching about the free mount that sucks. Get a real mount like you do with an Aimpoint. They use the same mounts. If ordering a PA, you can usually just upgrade the mount for a discount on the order page.
    You must have missed the part where I'm not interested in owning china dots anymore based on my experiences with owning them.

As far as warranty. I don't think there will be a better company to deal with then PA for warranty.
    That may be true.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    No, but it seems some a little loose with the application of your principles.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 08-11-20 at 14:17.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    It's been intimated that anyone buying a Chinese made Red Dot is one....In that vein, it doesn't seem like an unreasonable taunt.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    You and I clearly have different ideas about what constitutes a bonus.

You must have missed the part where I'm not interested in owning china dots anymore based on my experiences with owning them.

That may be true.
    You claimed shake awake is why they get the 50,000 hour battery life. This is false. Shake awake is not even a valid name. The slightest vibration turns it on. My Nvidia Shield remote even has it for the backlighting on its buttons. This is hardly new or gimmicky tech. It's been around for awhile and it works just fine.

I never said you were interested in owning any, but were bitching about the free mounts that you got with the other red dots. A QD AD mount can be added for <$80. Poof...your golden. It's also made in the USA.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Which Chinese dots are as durable and reliable as an Aimpoint or Trijicon MRO?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Which Chinese dots are as durable and reliable as an Aimpoint or Trijicon MRO?
    No one is making that claim - there isn't the data to be able to make it to begin with. What some are saying is that they have come a long way and have closed the gap in reliability. So much so that the price point has now come into play. Let's be real here, a T-2 is not worth the +$700 that it is demanding. It simply isn't.

Everyone would like the reliability, luxury and proven track record of a Landcruiser, but a Tacoma and 4Runner for some is plenty good enough.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 08-11-20 at 14:16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    No one is making that claim - there isn't the data to be able to make it to begin with. What some are saying is that they have come a long way and have closed the gap in reliability. So much so that the price point has now come into play. Let's be real here, a T-2 is not worth the +$700 that it is demanding. It simply isn't.

Everyone would like the reliability, luxury and proven track record of a Landcruiser, but a Tacoma and 4Runner for some is plenty good enough.

According to the testing done by Aaron Cowan at Sage Dynamics, I would say the Holosun 507 is fully the equal of the RMR. That may rankle but his results (sample of 1 yada yada) seem to indicate a high degree of reliability.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast