Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon sues Holosun (patent infringement)

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I guess a hundred bucks (on a $300-400 optic) is worth sending your money to literal communists rather than supporting American manufacturers.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I guess a hundred bucks (on a $300-400 optic) is worth sending your money to literal communists rather than supporting American manufacturers.
    That's the problem though. They weren't $300-400 when they were the only choice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I'm no patent lawyer, but it seems possible that a bunch of other companies beside Holosun might be suspect also. After trying to read Trij's 541 patent...I'm not sure what got stolen either.
    If the patent really is just, "glass between two posts to reflect a emitter" then Trijicon can **** off. Even if the courts side with them, we all know Trijicon didn't invent that form factor. The only thing Holosun copied was the footprint, which I haven't seen referenced in the lawsuit.

Feedback Score
    No american manufacturers are making an equivalent product to the 507K (which is listed as one of the offending models)

RMRs don't have multiple reticles, side loading batteries, shake awake, solar...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    While I don't like the idea of supporting a Chinese company, an American or a NATO country manufacturer sticking it to the American consumer because they can or "you shouldn't buy Communist" is equally as disgusting.

Feedback Score
    As far as overall quality/reliability/durability, Trijicon has a pretty good reputation in that arena. Not that familiar with Holosun. How do they compare?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    No american manufacturers are making an equivalent product to the 507K (which is listed as one of the offending models)

RMRs don't have multiple reticles, side loading batteries, shake awake, solar...
    Precisely! They’re doing things Trijicon never even fathomed! They see the competition literally slaughtering them at this point, and they are scared POOPLESS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    As far as overall quality/reliability/durability, Trijicon has a pretty good reputation in that arena. Not that familiar with Holosun. How do they compare?
    A large federal agency put one on a G17 and shot 10K round of +P puty ammo through and and had no issues.

They are almost as good as the RMR at less than half the cost.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

RMRs don't have shake awake or solar cells because they don't need them.

ETA: And you don't need sideloading batteries or top-loading batteries if your batteries last a year or longer, like they do in RMRs.

A large federal agency put one on a G17 and shot 10K round of +P puty ammo through and and had no issues.

They are almost as good as the RMR at less than half the cost.
    A Holosun is c. $300. An RMR is c. $440. If your math works out that 300=0.5(440), you should have been paying better attention in school.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 08-08-20 at 21:29.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    RMRs don't have shake awake or solar cells because they don't need them.

ETA: And you don't need sideloading batteries or top-loading batteries if your batteries last a year or longer, like they do in RMRs.

A Holosun is c. $300. An RMR is c. $440. If your math works out that 300=0.5(440), you should have been paying better attention in school.
    For context I currently own 1 Type 1 RMR, 2 Type 2 RMRs, 3 SROs and 1 Holosun 407. I have previously owned 5 other MRDS.

I would 100% take shake awake over Trijicons shitty forced auto adjust after 8 hours which doesn't play nice with WMLs.

Holosun batteries last just as long as RMRs (2032 variants).

It is a pain in the ass to rezero multiple weapons every year, especially rifes as I can't just swing by the local indoor range. When you're maintaining multiple weapons it just makes things simpler.

I think you need to pay attention to online deals.

I buy my Type 2 RMRs at ~$400, SROs at ~450.

I bought my 407 at $170. I routinely have found them on sale (pre-covid) for $180 for friends and students. If you want the dual reticle of the 507, I've seen them for as low as $220.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast