Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July Police Shooting in Illinois

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

July Police Shooting in Illinois

Saw this originally (I think) on TTAG. Good shooting, but the tactics seem pretty bad. Then again, I wasn't there facing the evil doer with the knives. Should the copper have gone to the gun instead of the Taser? Should he have used his cruiser as cover?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kHw9Z_1596732067
    Last edited by TomMcC; 08-08-20 at 13:16.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That POS earned the lead dinner he got. Copper Tased him first then transitioned to handgun. Copper missed the first X shots before he almost got himself stabbed. Glad that young copper finally hit the POS.

But this is how the common criminal in Chicago thinks, he wont shoot me bc we are defunded these cops. Good guys won this disater.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-08-20 at 12:33.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Seems like he/they knew him, and hated to have to shoot him.

Looks as if he did ok, went to the gun pretty quick while running, once the Taser failed He also got effective hits while sprinting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Damn Scooby Doo, nice footwork! Seems like they lost a frequent flyer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Seems like he/they knew him, and hated to have to shoot him.

Looks as if he did ok, went to the gun pretty quick while running, once the Taser failed He also got effective hits while sprinting.
    Yes, they seem to have known his name. Maybe the neighborhood character.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Dead on sprint and shooting backwards. Tuff sitch.

PB

Feedback Score
    Glad I'm not LE. Talk about duty to retreat. That officer did his best to avoid lethal force. If it was me, anyone approaching me with a knife in a threatening manner and my sidearm would already be out and at the ready. Never let them get that close - just shoot. This is the MO of an armed Citizen who doesn't have the same rules of engagement.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Based on how he spoke with the guy as he got out of his car, and it sounded like his backup knew the guys name too, this appears to be just one of the thousands of metal health guys that shouldn't be on the street that the police are forced to deal with because the politicians won't.

The only thing I can think of with the benefit of hindsight and getting to watch the camera angles, is maybe use the cruiser as a barrier to create space instead of trying to outrun him. Glad he wasn't hurt.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ive had a few "regulars" over the years that would walk around with knives, or poles, or whatever and people would call on them. Ive always been able to talk with them and resolve the situation peacefully. Over time they would either get help, get run over by a car, OD, get murdered, or end up in prison for a myriad of reasons.

While you always need to be cautious around those people, how this officer approached the situation isn't unusual to me.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Dead on sprint and shooting backwards. Tuff sitch.

PB
    You don't practice that? Of course with your support hand shooting?

Kudos to the cop for going above and beyond to try to not have to kill that guy. I bet his wife isn't too happy about it.

Should have sent one of those new social worker ninjas that are going to replace cops.... right.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast