Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not a fan of Executive Orders, but....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I'm not a fan of Executive Orders, but....

I'm not sure how you come out against this Executive Order?
    He stepped in and used his "Phone and a Pen" like Obama threatened and ended a stalemate that was hurting Americans and our economy.
    This was brilliant, now the Democrats have to look like Ebeneezer Scrooge to oppose it.

Feedback Score
    I saw last night about the tax relief! FINALLY something for the folks who are actually still working!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This is a horrible abuse of power and I strongly object to the Executive Branch subverting the Constitution.

Why this is wrong is it sets a precedent for the next guy to abuse it more. Can’t get money for UBI? Executive Order. Can’t get National healthcare? Executive order. Ad astra.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post
    I saw last night about the tax relief! FINALLY something for the folks who are actually still working!!!!

Hell yeah! Im tired of running into people that make my more on the dole and then went in vacations while I worked and educated my kids.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Trump will be characterized as a dictator circumventing Congress and a threat to democracy.

That said, I don't have nearly as much of a problem with this as I did the outrageous runaround Congress by the Trump Admin pretending the definition of machinegun was something other than what it is, effectively outlawing bump stocks. That will haunt gun owners in the future.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Problem is it’s a deferment only at this point.

Meaning we’ll still owe the taxes that aren’t being taken outta our checks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post

Its a deferment only, absent an actual law passed by Congress instructing the IRS to not collect these taxes, they will come due at the end of the year. Probably in a lump sum for most folks.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    And meanwhile, the national debt grows. And grows.

But by all means, keep giving away money we don't have.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    This is a horrible abuse of power and I strongly object to the Executive Branch subverting the Constitution.

Why this is wrong is it sets a precedent for the next guy to abuse it more. Can’t get money for UBI? Executive Order. Can’t get National healthcare? Executive order. Ad astra.
    You act like that precedent hasn’t already been set. Anyone know how many EOs Obama signed by this point in comparison to Trump?

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post

The precedent was set with DACA and reinforced by John Roberts.
    As I said I don't like it either, but how do you compromise with Democrats at this stage?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast