Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not a fan of Executive Orders, but....

Feedback Score
    Let the Dems go to court and try to get money taken out of peoples pockets, how does that optics look?

This is the reality of where we are. I’m tired of talking about fiscal responsibility when we are all going to get saddled with the burden of the debt. We might as well be to the trough too.

Bread and circus’s...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    This is a horrible abuse of power and I strongly object to the Executive Branch subverting the Constitution.

Why this is wrong is it sets a precedent for the next guy to abuse it more. Can’t get money for UBI? Executive Order. Can’t get National healthcare? Executive order. Ad astra.
    I don't think it's done being adjudicated legally. Watch what happens with the inevitable lawsuits.

Having said that, if Trump did this knowing (on advice from his legal-eagles) that it would cow-flop in the courts it is still brilliant on his part. In the end it won't be upheld so no real violation of Executive powers, but "Hey, he was trying to help the average working guy". Optics, optics, optics for the simpleton voters out there; Trump needs as many of them to vote for him than he ever did.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 08-09-20 at 10:55.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just slip slidin' down that slope...
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 08-09-20 at 12:01.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    If a dem pres. issue an exec. order - bad
    If a rep. pres. issue the same - good

As for the Fed. payroll tax holiday, it's simply a loan, we have to pay it back. So don't go blow all that new found extra cash on coke, hookers, guns, cars, vacation, etc.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    If a dem pres. issue an exec. order - bad
    If a rep. pres. issue the same - good

As for the Fed. payroll tax holiday, it's simply a loan, we have to pay it back. So don't go blow all that new found extra cash on coke, hookers, guns, cars, vacation, etc.
    Yeah, about that part......it sure as hell ain't gonna look good when umpteen millions of people (myself included) suddenly get whacked with a huge back-tax. Screw that shit. Can I opt out?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score

I'm not a fan of Executive Orders, but....

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Let the Dems go to court and try to get money taken out of peoples pockets, how does that optics look?

This is the reality of where we are. I’m tired of talking about fiscal responsibility when we are all going to get saddled with the burden of the debt. We might as well be to the trough too.

Bread and circus’s...
    Exactly right. Someone finally has the guts to use Dem tactics against them. Let the Dems be the ones to have to oppose further legislation forgiving the tax break.

Some folks can’t see that far ahead and will be confused for now, but this is likely the plan

He can continue to do this with one issue at a time, if he wants to...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mercs; 08-09-20 at 10:59.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    This is a horrible abuse of power and I strongly object to the Executive Branch subverting the Constitution.

Why this is wrong is it sets a precedent for the next guy to abuse it more. Can’t get money for UBI? Executive Order. Can’t get National healthcare? Executive order. Ad astra.
    Because this:

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    You act like that precedent hasn’t already been set. Anyone know how many EOs Obama signed by this point in comparison to Trump?
    Here's a lot of color commentary:

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2020/08/no-backsies.html

This move is totally in violation of what all of us "decent conservatives" believe is and isn't Constitutional, but the left hasn't been caring about that for decades now. Obama made it absurd. Trump is just doing turnabout-as-fair-play and calling their bluff.

Oh by the way, any semblance of a constitutional republic died in November 2016, not with Trump's election but with the immediate and violent repudiation of the election by the DNC and the left. This is merely an important goalpost, as the substance of the republic died many years before that. The GOP wasn't exactly its protector or savior either, they frequently worked hand in hand with the DNC to destroy it.

We need leaders and a party willing to return to an actual constitutional republic. The GOP minus Trump is not it. Trump isn't it either, but he makes the problems so unbearably visible that he's a useful figure despite his many flaws.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Because this:

Here's a lot of color commentary:

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2020/08/no-backsies.html

This move is totally in violation of what all of us "decent conservatives" believe is and isn't Constitutional, but the left hasn't been caring about that for decades now. Obama made it absurd. Trump is just doing turnabout-as-fair-play and calling their bluff.

Oh by the way, any semblance of a constitutional republic died in November 2016, not with Trump's election but with the immediate and violent repudiation of the election by the DNC and the left. This is merely an important goalpost, as the substance of the republic died many years before that. The GOP wasn't exactly its protector or savior either, they frequently worked hand in hand with the DNC to destroy it.

We need leaders and a party willing to return to an actual constitutional republic. The GOP minus Trump is not it. Trump isn't it either, but he makes the problems so unbearably visible that he's a useful figure despite his many flaws.
    I could not possibly agree more with you. Especially that most decent hard-working folks who care about family and the future of America, have lost faith in BOTH parties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    There’s been a change of leadership in the free shit army.
    I am just really getting tired of working two jobs, yes even through this whole pandemic, while others sit on their fat worthless asses and collect $1000 a week or now 800 a week. If you want money go to work.
    Last edited by Vic79; 08-09-20 at 11:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post
    Exactly right. Someone finally has the guts to use Dem tactics against them.
    Yes, and their tactics are by any means possible and the ends justify the means. I am for doing the same to them. We are at war. No due process, or any legalistic tactics. Crush the left once and for all. Everything is fair.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast