Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a 9mm 1911. I thought I wanted an STI until...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer27 View Post
    The number of those on the secondary market is a clue...
    And what clue is that? They sell a lot of them?

The Glock 19 is one of the most available pistols on the secondary market; I believe before the P365 it was the highest selling pistol on the online auctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    The clue is that they aren't that great. You don't see a lot of exceptional pistols at that price point being resold.
    They aren't a significant advancement of the Browning design.
    When/if you buy one you're more than welcome to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    And what clue is that? They sell a lot of them?

The Glock 19 is one of the most available pistols on the secondary market; I believe before the P365 it was the highest selling pistol on the online auctions.

Feedback Score
    I’m not sure that I agree with that conclusion based merely on anecdotal “they are for sale all the time” evidence. Have you owned one?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer27 View Post
    The number of those on the secondary market is a clue...
    I get what you're saying, but I don't keep track of reviews or issues with that gun, specifically. In general, I think a lot of higher $$$ pistols end up getting sold because casual gun owners/shooters end up having remorse over spending so much, or they're the first to go when they need money. It's amazing to me how many $3000-5000 pistols you can find used with few to no rounds through them. You never see well-used examples up for sale. As an example, I'd never buy a new Springfield Professional when you can get a used example with 50-100 rounds through it for $500 less.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Euro—any updates?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Yeah I’d like an update as well.

I put about 250 rounds through a Staccato at a local range (they really wanted me to buy it since they know I buy expensive things from time to time). I was not that impressed, and the 2011 mags give me pause. Point is, I can’t justify it when I shoot a Glock 17 and 19 as well. It’s the reason I haven’t shelled out $2800 for a Wilson EDC X9. Just another system to buy (mags, holsters, spare parts etc).

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What I wouldn’t give to be there when a Staccato owner who has thrown down over $2k, sent it back once, bought a different grip, swapped magazines, messed with magazine springs, and put 500 rounds through it realizes that he would’ve been better served by taking 4 classes and buying a case of ammo for (insert whatever striker fired pistol you like) as they are getting destroyed by a middle aged obese man and a G34 on the clock.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I wish Euro well on the gun. It is a cool setup for sure, but I wasn’t impressed by the C2 or P (2020 models) that I handled in the shop. Barrel fit didn’t feel right and the plastic trigger shoe on a $2K+ gun was really a turnoff.

After reading about more and more issues with them on Pistol Forum, I’ve lost interest in the Staccato line.

I’d still entertain a 2011 from a company like Triarc, but that’s another jump up in price for something I’m not sure I would really shoot any better than my P226 Legion or 92G-BrigTac.

I think I’ll just stick to traditional 1911’s. That SA Pro that Euro picked up is right up my alley.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Euro—any updates?
    From the day I called to the day I got it back was 8 days. They overnighted both ways and fixed it up quickly.

Gun functions 100% now. I would even trust it as there is a solid difference in how the slide locks back so I can tell it was done “right”. Not sure what the issue was as the paperwork only says “adjusted slide stop”.

My bigger issue that I have become a huge fan of the SA Professional in the meantime. Still have some learning to do but that gun is more of a laser beam than the 2011. It’s also in a man’s caliber
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-20-20 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    : ) True dat.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast