Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a 9mm 1911. I thought I wanted an STI until...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    In short, I’d buy a Wilson Combat and be done with it.
    I had the Stacatto-P bug until a VERY well known firearms instructor purchased one and reported that they don’t run hollow points with the larger capacity magazines. I was bummed.
    I see a Wilson Combat 1911 9MM with that same instructor’s signature on the slide in the near future.
    If you’re not willing to name drop this is absolutely of no value to anyone. Full stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    If you are interested in the Staccato line I would watch the Sage Dynamics videos on the XC and the P. Also Hilton Yamm of 10-8 Performance had his videos on the line and the older ones as comparison. Chambers works alone so that back log is from one guy building these guns by him self and this is common among 1911 smiths, as step down from that would be Nighthawk which your gun will be fit and assembled by one person and by hand. Wilson, Baer and Brown will have more poduction line type building with more hand fitting than your Dan Wessons and upper Colt/Springfield lines. If you are just looking to get a 9mm 1911 to mess around with Dan Wesson or slightly cheaper and Springfield will do just fine. If it has to be double stack I would check out 1911 addicts for a used staccato. The Staccatos are nice and the money is there kind of I think they are a bit over priced and they manage their product line like SIG which bothers me more than anything else.
    Chambers has 2 or 3 other guys in his shop now building.

Feedback Score
    Dan Wesson DWX is another metal framed SAO double stack option: https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/dwx/

A 4 year lead time is pretty long... but there are guys out there that had that kind of lead time even in the early 1990s, before the advent of Internet exposure, and some haven't even taken on any new orders for years, simply because they've recognized the fact that they're likely to die before they can clear even their current backlog (thinking of Richard Heinie).

Why can't a 1911 be used at night?
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

I want a 9mm 1911. I thought I wanted an STI until...

Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    For what they charge I’ll take a Professional with a cooler pedigree.
    While I absolutely love the SA Pro’s, I hate that they still use non tool steel components. They are obviously well made and are extremely reliable/durable. Yet at ~$3100 these days, it makes them hard to choose over a Wilson or Nighthawk.

I don’t fault anyone for buying one though, as you say, their pedigree is hard to argue with. Plus, they are absolutely beautiful!

Last edited by Nightstalker865; 08-11-20 at 07:02.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone ever shot the Wilson double stack "experior" pistols?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    If you’re not willing to name drop this is absolutely of no value to anyone. Full stop.

Voda Edition CQB. I’ve seen the prototypes.

Feedback Score
    So your buddy admittedly shot the staccato better at distance (which is hugely important metric) as evidenced by said B8s.

But then works to pull off mediocre performance across other metrics. That’s what happens when ones skills are not as good as they think they are. That has zero to do do with the gun.

Yeah because shooting a 96 is so much more important than shooting a 93 or 94....

Just lay off. You don’t know what you don’t know.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Voda Edition CQB. I’ve seen the prototypes.
    See? That wouldn’t have been so difficult the first time around then.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Yeah because shooting a 96 is so much more important than shooting a 93 or 94....

Just lay off. You don’t know what you don’t know.

Neat.

Who knew shooting better is never always a good thing.

Considering Euro’s history on here of both dropping and seeking relevant knowledge on shooting related matters it would seem a given weapons capability is absolutely relevant to the discussion at hand and I’m willing to be these are things he wants to know

Feedback Score
    Neat.

Who knew shooting better is never always a good thing.

Considering Euro’s history on here of both dropping and seeking relevant knowledge on shooting related matters it would seem a given weapons capability is absolutely relevant to the discussion at hand and I’m willing to be these are things he wants to know

Is it the weapon’s performance or is it easier to shoot? Those 3 pts better average comes at, as I said weight, bulk, expense, and possibly reliability. If B8s are the only metric, then there is a minor advantage at least in that shooter’s hands. In other metrics, such and 6r6, El Pres, etc there was no advantage.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast