Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a 9mm 1911. I thought I wanted an STI until...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Chortle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Is that your covid mask?
    yep..& sadly I sold the 2011 before I could take any of your money.

What a great shooter it was.....
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Second, Chambers lists a 36-48 MONTH lead time for builds. Even if this is for a truly custom gun that I won’t be buying, any company that lists 4 years for build times is a huge red flag. That’s insane and completely laughable. Are these guys searching the earth for the iron to pull directly out of the ground with which to forge my frame? Nah. The Empire State Building was made in less than two years. Hell we were only at war with Nazi Germany for 42 months!

Some people put quality and craftsmanship above all else and don’t want to risk that slipping just to put more guns out the door.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yes but those lead times are insane. Do you have to put $$$ down to get on a list?
    If not, no big deal, if so it's BS. BUT if people are willing to do it then let them do it. I would never.

I bought custom handgun grips that put you on his list then called me 8 months later. Sent him a check ....

PB

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KiloSierra View Post
    Some people put quality and craftsmanship above all else and don’t want to risk that slipping just to put more guns out the door.
    48 months though?

48 months ago everyone knew Clinton was gonna win the White House. Think about how long ago that was.

Don’t even bother taking more orders at that point. That’s an insane lead time. Joe is embarrassing himself just having that on his website.

Feedback Score
    Not unusual in the world of true customs regardless on what it is. Where there’s a demand for extreme quality in craftsmanship and individualness there’s a long wait if the maker’s well known. My father in law’s best friend is a custom knife maker who has 6-7 years backlog of orders. That’s a lot of knives!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KiloSierra View Post
    Not unusual in the world of true customs regardless on what it is. Where there’s a demand for extreme quality in craftsmanship and individualness there’s a long wait if the maker’s well known. My father in law’s best friend is a custom knife maker who has 6-7 years backlog of orders. That’s a lot of knives!
    Recently I've learned not to knock things I don't understand, because as I've grown up I've learned that sometimes I end up doing exactly that. This thread, and my history on M4C is a great example. Looking through my post history who would've guessed I'd have a 1911? LOL. Four years ago if you told me I would have a SA Custom Shop 1911 and it'd be in my nightstand I would've laughed your face off and called you a Boomer.

Maybe 3-5 years from now I'll be giving Joe a call...and some money?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yes but those lead times are insane. Do you have to put $$$ down to get on a list?
    If not, no big deal, if so it's BS. BUT if people are willing to do it then let them do it. I would never.

I bought custom handgun grips that put you on his list then called me 8 months later. Sent him a check ....

PB
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    48 months though?

48 months ago everyone knew Clinton was gonna win the White House. Think about how long ago that was.

Don’t even bother taking more orders at that point. That’s an insane lead time. Joe is embarrassing himself just having that on his website.
    48 months is nothing. Other top tier smiffs can be years longer or books are closed indefinitely.

My full house from Chuck
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Harrison is out 60-72 months. When you're good people get in line to pay for your s$#t.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    48 months is nothing. Other top tier smiffs can be years longer or books are closed indefinitely.

My full house from Chuck
    Nice gun, better bullets! Well done.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast