Thread: I want a 9mm 1911. I thought I wanted an STI until...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

I want a 9mm 1911. I thought I wanted an STI until...

I have been reaching out to folks to try and answer that question and I’m only more confused. Some things I’ve heard are that guns like Nighthawk and Chambers are better and Staccato P’s are mag finicky and have problems. P’s are gamer guns. Etc.

First, I’m generally not one to fixate on price. I know you get what you pay for and if it’s what I need then that’s the price to pay. But I don’t know enough about any of these guns to understand why a Staccato P is $1999 and a Nighthawk or Chambers is on the wrong side of $5000. To me, it’s like I can have a $65,000 BMW which is very nice or a $280,000 Lamborghini which is of course nicer but completely unnecessary.

Second, Chambers lists a 36-48 MONTH lead time for builds. Even if this is for a truly custom gun that I won’t be buying, any company that lists 4 years for build times is a huge red flag. That’s insane and completely laughable. Are these guys searching the earth for the iron to pull directly out of the ground with which to forge my frame? Nah. The Empire State Building was made in less than two years. Hell we were only at war with Nazi Germany for 42 months!

Third, and this is a me problem, but I would probably still carry a Glock. I of course want any gun I buy to run 100% but the differential in accuracy a 1911 provides isn’t making up for the weight and muscle memory penalties. So, is a $5k gun that can’t be used at night or shoot 1,000 yards really necessary?

Help me.

Sincerely,
    A Glock fanboy who is growing up.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 08-09-20 at 09:50.