Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a 9mm 1911. I thought I wanted an STI until...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    My bigger issue that I have become a huge fan of the SA Professional in the meantime. Still have some learning to do but that gun is more of a laser beam than the 2011. It’s also in a man’s caliber
    YEAH! Classic 1911 FTW.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Great to hear your enjoying the pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    I wish Euro well on the gun. It is a cool setup for sure, but I wasn’t impressed by the C2 or P (2020 models) that I handled in the shop. Barrel fit didn’t feel right and the plastic trigger shoe on a $2K+ gun was really a turnoff.

After reading about more and more issues with them on Pistol Forum, I’ve lost interest in the Staccato line.

I’d still entertain a 2011 from a company like Triarc, but that’s another jump up in price for something I’m not sure I would really shoot any better than my P226 Legion or 92G-BrigTac.

I think I’ll just stick to traditional 1911’s. That SA Pro that Euro picked up is right up my alley.

Triarc is not a known good company with its own QC issues and shoddy worksmanship. They tend to “run” but they aren’t built right. There is a recent video by a famous smith diagnosing one. And no, it’s not just that one gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    I wish Euro well on the gun. It is a cool setup for sure, but I wasn’t impressed by the C2 or P (2020 models) that I handled in the shop. Barrel fit didn’t feel right and the plastic trigger shoe on a $2K+ gun was really a turnoff.

After reading about more and more issues with them on Pistol Forum, I’ve lost interest in the Staccato line.

I’d still entertain a 2011 from a company like Triarc, but that’s another jump up in price for something I’m not sure I would really shoot any better than my P226 Legion or 92G-BrigTac.

I think I’ll just stick to traditional 1911’s. That SA Pro that Euro picked up is right up my alley.

Good points I missed this earlier, but almost exactly where I'm at on the whole STI and double-stack 1911's trend (except I never heard of Triarc but not interested anywa). Wish Euro well, totally, hope he gets the bugs worked out and it's a great pistol. But betting the SA Pro classic 1911 turns out to be the long-term keeper.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Triarc is not a known good company with its own QC issues and shoddy worksmanship. They tend to “run” but they aren’t built right. There is a recent video by a famous smith diagnosing one. And no, it’s not just that one gun.

Care to link the video? I’ve been hearing very good results from their line. I’d be curious to see a contrasting opinion. Thanks

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Can you PM me or post a link to that video? Super interested.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

I want a 9mm 1911. I thought I wanted an STI until...

I’m not convinced that gun in particular did not have anyone touch after it left triarc and before the bench assessment you mentioned. It certainly had some foundational deficiencies but man it looked like it was something someone cobbled together from parts of tacswap which makes me think someone had their hands in it.

The reviewer stated he could not confirm that and only that the guns current owner did not work on it himself.

But I’d also wonder why someone who shoots 2011s and is friends with the gunsmith who did the review, would even wind up with a triarc in the first place considering the person and knowledge he as access too.

Also not for nothing but the video is public access if you’re on social media so I’m not seeing anything faux pas about it.

Last edited by jpmuscle; 09-22-20 at 07:15.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I’m not convinced that gun in particular did not have anyone touch after it left triarc and before the bench assessment you mentioned. It certainly had some foundational deficiencies but man it looked like it was something someone cobbled together from parts of tacswap which makes me think someone had their hands in it.

The reviewer stated he could not confirm that and only that the guns current owner did not work on it himself.

But I’d also wonder why someone who shoots 2011s and is friends with the gunsmith who did the review, would even wind up with a triarc in the first place considering the person and knowledge he as access too.

Also not for nothing but the video is public access if you’re on social media so I’m not seeing anything faux pas about it.

Can someone please link the video?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    - There are no new parts in the gun, everything is as it came from the manufacturer. That alone points to no interference from the owner(s). There's no reason a user would do things like make holes oblong...and they certainly can't affect slide to frame fit, or lack thereof.
    - The current owner received the pistol in a trade, he's known to go through a lot of guns/gear.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer27 View Post
    - There are no new parts in the gun, everything is as it came from the manufacturer. That alone points to no interference from the owner(s). There's no reason a user would do things like make holes oblong...and they certainly can't affect slide to frame fit, or lack thereof.
    - The current owner received the pistol in a trade, he's known to go through a lot of guns/gear.
    Was told the video in question is on “Chambers Custom” Instagram feed. I don’t have an Instagram account, so I can’t look through enough of the posts to find the video. If someone can find a way to link directly to it or share it from the account, it would be appreciated.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast