Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: I want a 9mm 1911. I thought I wanted an STI until...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Now you have stirred the hornets nest...
    I apologize for nothing. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tellum View Post
    yes, the .45's lesser mag capacity and greater recoil is a handicap, and everyone but you knows it is. I helped Cooper set up the IPSC and we deliberately handicapped the 9mm, but the top hands have become so good at staying in the A zone that the major-minor scoring handicap has been voided as to its utility.
    Well lets just take a look at the the winners at single stack nationals for the last few years, looks like major power factor, 8 round mag have won how many? I'll wait for your reply.
    Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. Ben Franklin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll report on my 9mm 1911 experience so far. The point I'm making is that it doesn't have to expensive. I've had a Colt in .38 super auto since late 2012 and with a few light mods it has been fantastic. I have not babied it through 2+ 2000 round no new lube, no clean tests. Early this year I decided I wanted a 9mm 1911 so I looked and realized a new barrel was what was needed. I settled on a Brown drop in and had a local smith drop it in for me..
    I wasn't totally reliable at first so I put it away for a while, just the occasional extraction issues. Recently I changed out the recoil spring to a 9-10# unit and viola ! It runs great now. Cycling very smoothly with everything from Wolf steel to my own 124gr. reloads. It shoots high at 25+yards so I'm looking for a new front sight but that's all it took to get a functional and reliable 1911. It is now a 3 caliber pistol; .38 super, 9x19 and .22lr with the separate top end.
    It isn't fancy and the finish is worn and beaten but it runs and the Brown barrel is very accurate.
    My .02
    Last edited by 1986s4; 11-15-20 at 08:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post

Where are the mods when you need them...

Please don't! This is a nice break from the recent topics!!!

I am interested in hearing about all those guns that disappear from evidence rooms

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I apologize for nothing. Lol

I know, but I tried... So when are you selling your P320s?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    I know, but I tried... So when are you selling your P320s?
    It may be awhile since I own zero of them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’ll speak to evidence rooms. I’ve been in this game for 27 years , both as a local and currently as a fed. I have never heard of a firearm disappearing From evidence. Narcotics on the other hand ? All the time. I had a partner years ago who was stealing it from evidence. She was subsequently arrested , fired and died of an overdose. Theft of evidence does occur ... just rarely is it a firearm

Feedback Score
    I have no idea and that's not what i was talking about, and you know it. Most matches are not stuck with a single stack requirement.

Feedback Score
    I've personally known people who've had it happen. One had an alloy commander and a Star PD seized and ordered to be destroyed. The PD was destroyed, but somehow the beautiullly smithed Commander never was. I had done the smithing, i had a very good LEO friend in texas who had a large collection of guns seized from guys who were happy to be let go without a charge , just the loss of their pos guns.
    Last edited by tellum; 11-17-20 at 21:37.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    tellum - when a mod tells you to stop, it means exactly that.

You are new here. You need to read more and post a hell of lot less.

You can ponder that while you are on vacation for a while.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast