Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a 9mm 1911. I thought I wanted an STI until...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Lol.

I definitely get the 1911 stuff now.

Compared to a Glock a properly setup 2011/1911 is the same as shooting a Savage Axis vs a custom built bolt gun.

Just smooth and forgiving
    After years of screaming til red in the face about “muh Glawk 19”, you’re growing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

This thing is insanely accurate. First B8 was like a 96. Second was a 98. Third was a 100-2x! Speer 147gr Lawmen

I shot about 300 rounds through it today. The first 250 or so we’re fine. Zero failures. I was blasting. I mean I would dump 3 20 round mags in 30 seconds or less... and I was hitting the target lol. I got pics and videos. It’s nuts.

Around round 250 my gun stopped locking back on empty mags. Couldn’t figure out what was causing it. This was happening with 5 mags and like 6-8 different types of ammo. I had 147gr Lawman, GDHP, 115gr Blazer, AE, Win, 124 S&B, etc so I knew it was the gun.

I disassembled and couldn’t get the slide release to go come out more than 1/8”. It was jammed. Had to pop it out with a screwdriver. (See pic above) It was stuck so bad in the down position that it left marring on the mag followers.

Ended up getting home and talking to Gaijin and figuring out that the plunger assembly and detent for the slide release was 100% frozen. I was able to get it loose and then disassembled and cleaned the plunger and spring. (But then spent about 1.5 hours wondering why I had hammer follow - didn’t install the mainspring right...Or was it a leaf spring?)

Big learning curve with this gun coming from pasta pistols and Glocks. Gonna take it out again this weekend to see if the slide release issue is fixed. I didn’t see any burrs or anything in there so no idea what caused it.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 08-21-20 at 22:02.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mainspring or Sear spring.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    After years of screaming til red in the face about “muh Glawk 19”, you’re growing up.

Hah.

I think it’s pretty insane what 1911s can do.

I sure as shit didn’t get my first G19 and immediately shoot 3 B8s in a row averaging over 98 on each.

Feedback Score
    Hah.

I sure as shit didn’t get my first G19 and immediately shoot 3 B8s in a row averaging over 98 on each.
    My CZ was the first gun I hit consistent >96s. I suck with irons but it was easy. I really want a 2011 or similar myself.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Hah.

Ive read elsewhere that B8s at distance are a meaningless performance metric. I think it was on here actually..... who knew.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Well done.
    And welcome to the dark side.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

This thing is insanely accurate. First B8 was like a 96. Second was a 98. Third was a 100-2x! Speer 147gr Lawmen

I shot about 300 rounds through it today. The first 250 or so we’re fine. Zero failures. I was blasting. I mean I would dump 3 20 round mags in 30 seconds or less... and I was hitting the target lol. I got pics and videos. It’s nuts.

Around round 250 my gun stopped locking back on empty mags. Couldn’t figure out what was causing it. This was happening with 5 mags and like 6-8 different types of ammo. I had 147gr Lawman, GDHP, 115gr Blazer, AE, Win, 124 S&B, etc so I knew it was the gun.

I disassembled and couldn’t get the slide release to go come out more than 1/8”. It was jammed. Had to pop it out with a screwdriver. (See pic above) It was stuck so bad in the down position that it left marring on the mag followers.

Ended up getting home and talking to Gaijin and figuring out that the plunger assembly and detent for the slide release was 100% frozen. I was able to get it loose and then disassembled and cleaned the plunger and spring. (But then spent about 1.5 hours wondering why I had hammer follow - didn’t install the mainspring right...Or was it a leaf spring?)

Big learning curve with this gun coming from pasta pistols and Glocks. Gonna take it out again this weekend to see if the slide release issue is fixed. I didn’t see any burrs or anything in there so no idea what caused it.
    Thanks for the write up..great observations as I am thinking about getting one at some point. The issues you were having at only 300 rounds is concerning with the slide release. If you don't get your issues fixed, send it back to Staccaco. I wonder with all the crazy gun buying it is causing some quality issues in the industry as a whole.

I bought a Springfield Defender a few months ago, had an issue with the mag release spring right out of the box so back to Springfield it went. I got it back a week or so later and the issue was resolved.

I am not really versed on the 1911 platform so I would be a bit perplexed if I had your issue.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Mainspring or Sear spring.

Usually sear spring re-installed wonky- hook of sear leg not catching sear or disconnector leg not on top of bevel of disconnector.
    I always chamfer/polish portion of disconnect leg that contacts disconnector.
    Be certain small tab at base of sear spring is "plugged" into slot in frame prior to inserting mainspring housing.

Last edited by gaijin; 08-22-20 at 07:15. Reason: efing spellchek
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Ive read elsewhere that B8s at distance are a meaningless performance metric. I think it was on here actually..... who knew.

They certainly aren’t a meaningless performance metric, but one shouldn’t choose their sidearm based solely on B8 performance.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast